Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Shall I sell my NOTE Pro 12.2 and get the Surface Pro 3?

OP hajime_android

3rd June 2014, 12:48 PM   |  #61  
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
32 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
Ok, I won't underestimate the amount of singers because many people sing under the shower [emoji11]
I think I'm being misunderstood. I'm not saying a Note is useless for sketching. I mean that if anybody is between buying a Note or a TabletPC for professional digital art, the way to go is TabletPC mainly because of software. Android sw for drawing is still timely inefficient because of the lack of basic tools and UI. Of course I can sketch in my P605 but my experience says that the same sketch would take less time in legacy software.
And IMO, Inkling is a device no digital artist should waste a penny on [emoji12]

Enviado desde mi SM-P605 mediante Tapatalk
Last edited by KoryandR; 3rd June 2014 at 12:51 PM.
3rd June 2014, 02:08 PM   |  #62  
ShadowLea's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 1,042
 
4,173 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Inkling was, as I clearly said, meant for notetaking in that argument.

The Surface might've been a decent contender if it had a real GPU, and not that ridiculous IntelHD. As it is, the Note simply has more advantages because there's no point having Photoshop if it's not able to handle more than 4 layers because of the lousy GPU....
Last edited by ShadowLea; 3rd June 2014 at 02:10 PM.
4th June 2014, 02:44 AM   |  #63  
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
32 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLea

Inkling was, as I clearly said, meant for notetaking in that argument.

The Surface might've been a decent contender if it had a real GPU, and not that ridiculous IntelHD. As it is, the Note simply has more advantages because there's no point having Photoshop if it's not able to handle more than 4 layers because of the lousy GPU....

That's not true. Even more, it's a lie. And you'd know if you had used a TabletPC once in your (I guess short) life.
I own an old Motion Computing LE1700 (2007/2008 model) with a f*****g limited integrated GPU and I'm able to manage about 15 layers at high resolution EVERY DAY for work.

But hey, you should buy whatever device Samsung/Wacom make, no matter the purpose. Your $$$ is always welcome.

This conversation is a nonsense.

Enviado desde mi SM-P605 mediante Tapatalk
Last edited by KoryandR; 4th June 2014 at 02:58 AM.
4th June 2014, 02:28 PM   |  #64  
ShadowLea's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 1,042
 
4,173 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoryandR

That's not true. Even more, it's a lie. And you'd know if you had used a TabletPC once in your (I guess short) life.
I own an old Motion Computing LE1700 (2007/2008 model) with a f*****g limited integrated GPU and I'm able to manage about 15 layers at high resolution EVERY DAY for work.

But hey, you should buy whatever device Samsung/Wacom make, no matter the purpose. Your $$$ is always welcome.

This conversation is a nonsense.

Enviado desde mi SM-P605 mediante Tapatalk

The fact I did not revert to mentioning your age in my argument leads me to believe you are the more childish of us. (It is, in fact, listed in my profile. There is no need for you to 'guess'.)

I have used several, that is hardly the relevant point here.

But by all means. Pay 2000 euro for a bottleneck the size of the moon. I won't stop you. Buy an iMac, whilst you're at it. Since clearly you're more interested in a hype than in value for money.
Last edited by ShadowLea; 4th June 2014 at 02:33 PM.
5th June 2014, 12:57 AM   |  #65  
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
32 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
I work with a 2008 TabletPC and a DIY Cintiq. Definitely I'm a fashion victim.

Enviado desde mi SM-P605 mediante Tapatalk
6th June 2014, 06:24 PM   |  #66  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
374 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Well - the problem with the S3 (for myself) is battery life. This thing can last 7-9 hours of video streaming; the reviews suggest the pro 3 has around 4 hours. I mostly use the tablet when i fly cross country; so plug isn't too handy (though I think i was on one plane where they had installed plugs at the seats).
7th June 2014, 02:51 PM   |  #67  
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
32 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
4 hours??? TabletPCreview forums talk about +7... If you are interested on a Surface Pro 3 or another TabletPC, that's the right place to ask actual users [emoji12]

Enviado desde mi SM-P605 mediante Tapatalk
16th July 2014, 03:28 PM   |  #68  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
173 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLea

Inkling was, as I clearly said, meant for notetaking in that argument.

The Surface might've been a decent contender if it had a real GPU, and not that ridiculous IntelHD. As it is, the Note simply has more advantages because there's no point having Photoshop if it's not able to handle more than 4 layers because of the lousy GPU....


That is some rubbish, the SP3 can easily handle more than 4 layers. Heck even the Ativ 500t I owned was able to do more than 4 layers, last time I checked I was doing an illustration with 7 layers at 300dpi. It wasn't smooth but it was workable, and that was without a dedicated gpu.
16th July 2014, 04:01 PM   |  #69  
ShadowLea's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 1,042
 
4,173 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rirawin

That is some rubbish, the SP3 can easily handle more than 4 layers. Heck even the Ativ 500t I owned was able to do more than 4 layers, last time I checked I was doing an illustration with 7 layers at 300dpi. It wasn't smooth but it was workable, and that was without a dedicated gpu.

And how complex was this illustration? Did it feature effects and layer styles and masks and smart layers? Or were they just lines and colours?
16th July 2014, 04:05 PM   |  #70  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
173 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLea

And how complex was this illustration? Did it feature effects and layer styles and masks and smart layers? Or were they just lines and colours?

No effects, I use several layers for painting and linework and masking. Its slower performance wise for sure but tolerable, however, it wouldn't be machine I sorely reliable upon for creating my artwork.

The SP2 on the other just churns through it, the Cinitq Companion is even better but worst GPU.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes