Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,990 Members 37,042 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Shall I sell my NOTE Pro 12.2 and get the Surface Pro 3?

Tip us?
 
KoryandR
Old
(Last edited by KoryandR; 3rd June 2014 at 11:51 AM.)
#61  
Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 31
Join Date: Nov 2009
Ok, I won't underestimate the amount of singers because many people sing under the shower [emoji11]
I think I'm being misunderstood. I'm not saying a Note is useless for sketching. I mean that if anybody is between buying a Note or a TabletPC for professional digital art, the way to go is TabletPC mainly because of software. Android sw for drawing is still timely inefficient because of the lack of basic tools and UI. Of course I can sketch in my P605 but my experience says that the same sketch would take less time in legacy software.
And IMO, Inkling is a device no digital artist should waste a penny on [emoji12]

Enviado desde mi SM-P605 mediante Tapatalk
 
ShadowLea
Old
(Last edited by ShadowLea; 3rd June 2014 at 01:10 PM.)
#62  
ShadowLea's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 781
Posts: 3,495
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Enschede, The Netherlands
Inkling was, as I clearly said, meant for notetaking in that argument.

The Surface might've been a decent contender if it had a real GPU, and not that ridiculous IntelHD. As it is, the Note simply has more advantages because there's no point having Photoshop if it's not able to handle more than 4 layers because of the lousy GPU....
SM-N9005 International Galaxy Note 3, DBT NB7 Stock
SM-G900F International Galaxy S5, PHN NCE Stock
SM-P905 NotePro 12.2 LTE Black, DBT NC3 Stock

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. –Chinese Proverb

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

The simplest solutions are often the cleverest. They are also usually wrong.
 
KoryandR
Old
(Last edited by KoryandR; 4th June 2014 at 01:58 AM.)
#63  
Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 31
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLea View Post
Inkling was, as I clearly said, meant for notetaking in that argument.

The Surface might've been a decent contender if it had a real GPU, and not that ridiculous IntelHD. As it is, the Note simply has more advantages because there's no point having Photoshop if it's not able to handle more than 4 layers because of the lousy GPU....
That's not true. Even more, it's a lie. And you'd know if you had used a TabletPC once in your (I guess short) life.
I own an old Motion Computing LE1700 (2007/2008 model) with a f*****g limited integrated GPU and I'm able to manage about 15 layers at high resolution EVERY DAY for work.

But hey, you should buy whatever device Samsung/Wacom make, no matter the purpose. Your $$$ is always welcome.

This conversation is a nonsense.

Enviado desde mi SM-P605 mediante Tapatalk
 
ShadowLea
Old
(Last edited by ShadowLea; 4th June 2014 at 01:33 PM.)
#64  
ShadowLea's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 781
Posts: 3,495
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Enschede, The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoryandR View Post
That's not true. Even more, it's a lie. And you'd know if you had used a TabletPC once in your (I guess short) life.
I own an old Motion Computing LE1700 (2007/2008 model) with a f*****g limited integrated GPU and I'm able to manage about 15 layers at high resolution EVERY DAY for work.

But hey, you should buy whatever device Samsung/Wacom make, no matter the purpose. Your $$$ is always welcome.

This conversation is a nonsense.

Enviado desde mi SM-P605 mediante Tapatalk
The fact I did not revert to mentioning your age in my argument leads me to believe you are the more childish of us. (It is, in fact, listed in my profile. There is no need for you to 'guess'.)

I have used several, that is hardly the relevant point here.

But by all means. Pay 2000 euro for a bottleneck the size of the moon. I won't stop you. Buy an iMac, whilst you're at it. Since clearly you're more interested in a hype than in value for money.
SM-N9005 International Galaxy Note 3, DBT NB7 Stock
SM-G900F International Galaxy S5, PHN NCE Stock
SM-P905 NotePro 12.2 LTE Black, DBT NC3 Stock

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. –Chinese Proverb

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

The simplest solutions are often the cleverest. They are also usually wrong.
 
KoryandR
Old
#65  
Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 31
Join Date: Nov 2009
I work with a 2008 TabletPC and a DIY Cintiq. Definitely I'm a fashion victim.

Enviado desde mi SM-P605 mediante Tapatalk
 
jake21
Old
#66  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 338
Join Date: Apr 2011
Well - the problem with the S3 (for myself) is battery life. This thing can last 7-9 hours of video streaming; the reviews suggest the pro 3 has around 4 hours. I mostly use the tablet when i fly cross country; so plug isn't too handy (though I think i was on one plane where they had installed plugs at the seats).
 
KoryandR
Old
#67  
Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 31
Join Date: Nov 2009
4 hours??? TabletPCreview forums talk about +7... If you are interested on a Surface Pro 3 or another TabletPC, that's the right place to ask actual users [emoji12]

Enviado desde mi SM-P605 mediante Tapatalk
 
rirawin
Old
#68  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 163
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLea View Post
Inkling was, as I clearly said, meant for notetaking in that argument.

The Surface might've been a decent contender if it had a real GPU, and not that ridiculous IntelHD. As it is, the Note simply has more advantages because there's no point having Photoshop if it's not able to handle more than 4 layers because of the lousy GPU....

That is some rubbish, the SP3 can easily handle more than 4 layers. Heck even the Ativ 500t I owned was able to do more than 4 layers, last time I checked I was doing an illustration with 7 layers at 300dpi. It wasn't smooth but it was workable, and that was without a dedicated gpu.
 
ShadowLea
Old
#69  
ShadowLea's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 781
Posts: 3,495
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Enschede, The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by rirawin View Post
That is some rubbish, the SP3 can easily handle more than 4 layers. Heck even the Ativ 500t I owned was able to do more than 4 layers, last time I checked I was doing an illustration with 7 layers at 300dpi. It wasn't smooth but it was workable, and that was without a dedicated gpu.
And how complex was this illustration? Did it feature effects and layer styles and masks and smart layers? Or were they just lines and colours?
SM-N9005 International Galaxy Note 3, DBT NB7 Stock
SM-G900F International Galaxy S5, PHN NCE Stock
SM-P905 NotePro 12.2 LTE Black, DBT NC3 Stock

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. –Chinese Proverb

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

The simplest solutions are often the cleverest. They are also usually wrong.
 
rirawin
Old
#70  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 163
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLea View Post
And how complex was this illustration? Did it feature effects and layer styles and masks and smart layers? Or were they just lines and colours?
No effects, I use several layers for painting and linework and masking. Its slower performance wise for sure but tolerable, however, it wouldn't be machine I sorely reliable upon for creating my artwork.

The SP2 on the other just churns through it, the Cinitq Companion is even better but worst GPU.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes