Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,458 Members 47,644 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Problem with WiFi on .205

Tip us?

feromgar
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Problem with WiFi on .205

Well so far .205 was good but I have run into a pretty weird problem.

I was on my house WiFi using MX player to watch some videos and I was unable to get notifications from Whatsapp, BBM, Line unless I opened the app(s) I thought it was a memory problem and tried with only data. Again watching the video on MX player but this time arround I got notified instantaneously. Then i thought it was a problem with my ISP and tried a streaming app (ChrunchyRoll) and played an episode of a random show and I didn't have any problem streaming, but the problem with the IM apps not notifying me was present again.

Any thoughts on that? What could be causing this? I don't use any "performance" apps (no Cleam Master, Batery Doctor, etc.)

Thanks in advance.

shahrukhqasim
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by feromgar View Post
Well so far .205 was good but I have run into a pretty weird problem.

I was on my house WiFi using MX player to watch some videos and I was unable to get notifications from Whatsapp, BBM, Line unless I opened the app(s) I thought it was a memory problem and tried with only data. Again watching the video on MX player but this time arround I got notified instantaneously. Then i thought it was a problem with my ISP and tried a streaming app (ChrunchyRoll) and played an episode of a random show and I didn't have any problem streaming, but the problem with the IM apps not notifying me was present again.

Any thoughts on that? What could be causing this? I don't use any "performance" apps (no Cleam Master, Batery Doctor, etc.)

Thanks in advance.
If you think .205 is the problem, you can revert back to .201 or any before by flashing .ftf file. Otherwise, try factory reset. Possible problem can be hardware related - either phone or router.

feromgar
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahrukhqasim View Post
If you think .205 is the problem, you can revert back to .201 or any before by flashing .ftf file. Otherwise, try factory reset. Possible problem can be hardware related - either phone or router.
The installation is fresh from a repair the only "strange" thing it has is root (using the toowelroot method) and a custom recovery.

The problem only happens in my house and wifi analyzer shows that I get disconnected quite often and that my house's router power is abnormally low. (It usually stays into the yellow zone of the gauge.)

So as you say maybe is my home router.

Sent from my C5306 using XDA Free mobile app

kanav96
Old
Thanks Meter 18
same thing happened to me . wifi was working pretty well until i repaired my sony xperia sp and it just disconnects at its own. very irritating

Sergey Shikharev
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm on .205 firmware also lost wifi phone after falling asleep