Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,799 Members 47,831 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

$30 T-Mobile Phone Sim Works in Vzw G Pad

Tip us?

razgriz8426
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Thumbs up $30 T-Mobile Phone Sim Works in Vzw G Pad

Hey, just wanted to let people know that I took the T-Mobile sim from my phone with the $30/month 5gb plan, popped it in my new VZW Gpad, set the APN, and bam, I had 4G T-mobile service. Not sure if it will last or if T-mo will get mad, but it's a prepaid plan so I can't imagine they'll care.

paperWastage
Old
(Last edited by paperWastage; 14th June 2014 at 05:32 AM.)
Thanks Meter 361
Well, tmobile's 200MB free data plan works too (for now).

Couldn't activate a unused Sim directly on the tablet (redirected to T-Mobile site when Sim is inserted, but said "device not supported"). A pre-activated Sim works

Since I have postpaid tmobile as well, I have the 1GB free plan, and it throttles to 2g when I go over(free 200mb users get hard cut off instead of throttle)

Verizon's prepaid data plans obviously works too, but its very hard to get a Verizon Sim to use ( they get deactivated after 6? Months of no active plans, need to get one from fleabay. Most Verizon stores refuse to give out Sim cards , or would activate you for postpaid even if you asked for prepaid ). $30 for 2GB
Current Device:
Oppo Find 5 - experimental kernel

bob60626
Old
Thanks Meter 11
My postpaid T-Mobile sim works great on my Verizon sold N7; T-Mobile must not recognize them.