Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,086 Members 54,562 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

swipe up goto sleep mode trick

Tip us?

mrchloo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default swipe up goto sleep mode trick

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....screenofflock

no root required Install screen off and lock then swipe up from Home button in the option list select always for screen off .double tap wakeup swipe up sleep mode perfect for me now .
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mrchloo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PcFish
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Are there alternatives? I use swipe up from home/nav bar heavily for searches/Google Now.

420SYN
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcFish View Post
Are there alternatives? I use swipe up from home/nav bar heavily for searches/Google Now.
If you used the elemental x kernel you can choose to swipe acroos the nav bar. There is also a mod in the sense toolbox (xposed module) to use hold the back button when on the homescreen to go to sleep.

TURBOGAMECAT
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420SYN View Post
If you used the elemental x kernel you can choose to swipe acroos the nav bar. There is also a mod in the sense toolbox (xposed module) to use hold the back button when on the homescreen to go to sleep.
If you have something like nova launcher you can use the above program to sleep your phone using knock or swipe gestures. There is also an exposed module with swipe gesture shortcuts to turn off your phone. It's sense 6 or gravitybox I can't remember. I use insertcoins tap time to sleep since I like BlinkFeed launcher and xposed seems to marginally slow down the UI

mrchloo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOGAMECAT View Post
If you have something like nova launcher you can use the above program to sleep your phone using knock or swipe gestures. There is also an exposed module with swipe gesture shortcuts to turn off your phone. It's sense 6 or gravitybox I can't remember. I use insertcoins tap time to sleep since I like BlinkFeed launcher and xposed seems to marginally slow down the UI
I don't notice Nova launcher has this function Before known this trick I'm using nova now migrate To it .Tqvm

its_dale
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Thanks for the tip! I already had this app, but did not know you can swipe up from the homescreen to lock. I relied on the widget, but its much easier to swipe up on any screen

ou2mame
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I was just talking to my friend about this the other day since we both had galaxy s3s and the power buttons broke around the same time. Thanks for the heads up

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

dannejanne
Old
Thanks Meter 343
Thank you for this! I never use Google Now myself so this is the perfect solution for me as I wanted a way to swipe to lock the phone.

mrchloo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Hi guys you all are welcome. We are here sharing and learning. 😄

iago_00
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Great thnx for sharing. Been using the HTC gesture listener but the three finger thing was quite cumbersome to use. this one seems far better