Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,429 Members 54,608 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[q] help!!!!!!! Samsung galaxy s2x reset itself

Tip us?

CrypticElement
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [q] help!!!!!!! Samsung galaxy s2x reset itself

My phone is really starting to piss me off, I have had this phone for about 2 years now and this is the THIRD time this has happened, me and my girlfriend are pissed off about it, the problem is that my phone has a sticky power button where it will think I'm holding the button but I'm not. When my phone decides to turn off from this problem and vibrate every 3 seconds, I just hit the power button and it restarts, I've dealt with this for about a year now. During that time, my phone has booted up and went to the welcome screen (if I were to boot it up for the first time). Why the hell is this happening??? This erased ALL my apps, wallpapers and what not, but the thing is...my SD card contained all the apps, because I was scared that my phone would do that again, and it did. When I try to go into the settings, I see that my internal memory, SD, and USB storage still have memory in them, as if nothing happened. Shouldn't I be able to get everything back without a problem if that's the case? Please help guys, I really don't want to lose all my apps and game data and everything....

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2714
There are many threads about fixes for power buttons. Do a search.

Or, buy a new phone. S2's are quite old now.

But many have fixed their power buttons. Just read up. If it can't be fixed....I'd give up on it.
Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 3 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

kevsmbox
Old
Thanks Meter 0
For me I tried all the tricks and suggestions. The fix was ultimately to plug it into a car charger and the issue went away and the phone would boot again.