[Q] Performance of [ROM][JB-4.3.1][HALO] CM 10.2

OP drwtsn32x

24th April 2014, 04:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
I am interested in this ROM recently posted in the Development section: "[ROM][JB-4.3.1][HALO][P7300/P7310][PORTED] CyanogenMod 10.2 / SGT7"

The last time I experimented with a JB 4.3 ROM on this tablet (back in October), I had issues with Netflix. Excessive buffering and choppiness.

Has anyone used this ROM and tested Netflix extensively? How was it working?
10th May 2014, 05:49 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin089

I think it is a good and fast ROM, but it does not work 3G and telephony

Thanks.... I ended up trying it and am quite pleased. I don't have a 3G-enabled tablet so that is a non-issue for me.
22nd May 2014, 01:44 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwtsn32x

Thanks.... I ended up trying it and am quite pleased. I don't have a 3G-enabled tablet so that is a non-issue for me.

After using it for a while longer, I am seeing buffering/choppiness with Netflix. Anyone else? Otherwise this ROM is pretty nice.
16th July 2014, 11:40 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:

After using it for a while longer, I am seeing buffering/choppiness with Netflix. Anyone else? Otherwise this ROM is pretty nice.

I gave up on this ROM.... it just felt too slow. Not sure if it's because not enough RAM was left over for apps and the like, but everything just felt way too slow.

I am now trying the Stock-based Ultra ROM and the performance is MUCH better. Of course I have to put up with the Samsung stuff.
17th July 2014, 12:37 AM   |  #5  
Flag Roseau
Thanks Meter: 4

31 posts
More
Quote:

I gave up on this ROM.... it just felt too slow. Not sure if it's because not enough RAM was left over for apps and the like, but everything just felt way too slow.

I am now trying the Stock-based Ultra ROM and the performance is MUCH better. Of course I have to put up with the Samsung stuff.

I used this rom for a couple of months and never experienced lag except in hd videos and games. I disabled animations, disabled hw overlays, forced gpu rendering and set background process limit to four processes at most. Used nova launcher amd set all amimations to lightning fast and this rom worked like a charm.....never had to overclock. I also disabled a number of apps that I never use.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread