Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,346 Members 47,076 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Performance of [ROM][JB-4.3.1][HALO] CM 10.2

Tip us?
 
drwtsn32x
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default [Q] Performance of [ROM][JB-4.3.1][HALO] CM 10.2

I am interested in this ROM recently posted in the Development section: "[ROM][JB-4.3.1][HALO][P7300/P7310][PORTED] CyanogenMod 10.2 / SGT7"

The last time I experimented with a JB 4.3 ROM on this tablet (back in October), I had issues with Netflix. Excessive buffering and choppiness.

Has anyone used this ROM and tested Netflix extensively? How was it working?
 
drwtsn32x
Old
#2  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin089 View Post
I think it is a good and fast ROM, but it does not work 3G and telephony
Thanks.... I ended up trying it and am quite pleased. I don't have a 3G-enabled tablet so that is a non-issue for me.
 
drwtsn32x
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwtsn32x View Post
Thanks.... I ended up trying it and am quite pleased. I don't have a 3G-enabled tablet so that is a non-issue for me.
After using it for a while longer, I am seeing buffering/choppiness with Netflix. Anyone else? Otherwise this ROM is pretty nice.
 
drwtsn32x
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwtsn32x View Post
After using it for a while longer, I am seeing buffering/choppiness with Netflix. Anyone else? Otherwise this ROM is pretty nice.
I gave up on this ROM.... it just felt too slow. Not sure if it's because not enough RAM was left over for apps and the like, but everything just felt way too slow.

I am now trying the Stock-based Ultra ROM and the performance is MUCH better. Of course I have to put up with the Samsung stuff.
 
L3R0N
Old
#5  
L3R0N's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Roseau
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwtsn32x View Post
I gave up on this ROM.... it just felt too slow. Not sure if it's because not enough RAM was left over for apps and the like, but everything just felt way too slow.

I am now trying the Stock-based Ultra ROM and the performance is MUCH better. Of course I have to put up with the Samsung stuff.
I used this rom for a couple of months and never experienced lag except in hd videos and games. I disabled animations, disabled hw overlays, forced gpu rendering and set background process limit to four processes at most. Used nova launcher amd set all amimations to lightning fast and this rom worked like a charm.....never had to overclock. I also disabled a number of apps that I never use.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes