[SCRIPT] DROID RAZR HD 926 (only) Utility 1.4 KK - Windows [Updated 06/16/2014]

Search This thread

ryankliber

Aug 13, 2011
Is your Linux install 32 or 64 bit? There are certain fastboot binaries on Linux that aren't able to send system properly (it has to be sent in segments).
64 bit Linux mint. I'm pretty sure it was because I used the 'android-tools-fastboot' package and not the actual sdk now that u mentioned that about the binaries.

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
The difference between 182 and 183 are the version number and the signing keys. That's it. 182 was the soak build, so, yes, we did manage to get an FXZ for that thanks to a member here on the forum who leaked it to us. 183 is the "official" release that updates 9.30.1. It's considered to be the official path, not that it makes any difference whatsoever. The actual code is identical. It's just a matter of what version it updated and the signing keys they used on it. Functionally, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference cause there isn't any.

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

64 bit Linux mint. I'm pretty sure it was because I used the 'android-tools-fastboot' package and not the actual sdk now that u mentioned that about the binaries.

Yup, that'd do it.

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
@Zeuscluts

these are the up to date utilities in the op.
Matt stopped maintaining @ 1.2 and i started @ 3.0 with his permission.

thanks

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
It's considered to be the official path, not that it makes any difference whatsoever. The actual code is identical. It's just a matter of what version it updated and the signing keys they used on it. Functionally, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference cause there isn't any.

that's pretty much where i was at with my thought process, regardless of the soak leak. no real point in updating the files for no gain.

thanks for confirming.

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
The Linux script hasn't been updated since version 1.2.
You will need to run the commands manually as explained a few post down, or get a friend to let you use their windows machine.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

newskate9

Jul 15, 2011
SO, just to be sure.

I'm on GZR / Validus, JB version of 6.0. I want to use the KK bootloader version.

Question: to get to KK bootloader, I would use this tool, final version dated June 16? Correct?

This would then get me to stock KK, rooted, still unlocked, with CWM or TWRP installed. THEN I can flash the new Validus?

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
SO, just to be sure.

I'm on GZR / Validus, JB version of 6.0. I want to use the KK bootloader version.

Question: to get to KK bootloader, I would use this tool, final version dated June 16? Correct?

This would then get me to stock KK, rooted, still unlocked, with CWM or TWRP installed. THEN I can flash the new Validus?

you want to use the most recent version 1.4.1.
no, this will get you to 100% stock, no root, no custom recovery, but still unlocked, yes.
as far as Validus, as long as it is built off the KK base, then yes.

Reactions: newskate9

YahyaIsrael

Jan 9, 2012
Pomona
Can't update?

I can't install the CM 11 updates lately all new updates fail when I try to install. What do I need to do to get my updates to install again. I think it has something to do with the bootloader and it has to be updated. Can I use this app to do this? Maybe other have had this issue. I tried doing a search, but nothing came up in my search.

Thank you,
John

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
I can't install the CM 11 updates lately all new updates fail when I try to install. What do I need to do to get my updates to install again. I think it has something to do with the bootloader and it has to be updated. Can I use this app to do this? Maybe other have had this issue. I tried doing a search, but nothing came up in my search.

Thank you,
John

i cant say why cm wont install, you may want to ask in the cm thread, but if you need your bootloader updated this script will do it for the 926.

Reactions: YahyaIsrael

toka793

Jan 12, 2014
I updated using droid razr hd utility 1.41. Everything went well, but then... I couldn't sign in Google account, couldn't change date/time, when using chrome, I can't connect to Google.com, it says something about interfering secure connection or something. I think it has to do something with certificates, but I'm not sure. Does anyone else have same type of problems? Or does anyone know how to fix it? System files are also modified at "05/28/1970" which is the "UNCHANGEABLE" date.

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
I updated using droid razr hd utility 1.41. Everything went well, but then... I couldn't sign in Google account, couldn't change date/time, when using chrome, I can't connect to Google.com, it says something about interfering secure connection or something. I think it has to do something with certificates, but I'm not sure. Does anyone else have same type of problems? Or does anyone know how to fix it? System files are also modified at "05/28/1970" which is the "UNCHANGEABLE" date.

it is from a bad flash check here for the same issue.

omlet

Oct 12, 2009
hi,

can you put in red that this tool is only for XT926, i've used it with my 925 and now I don't have any IMEI, no network :/

any way to fix that? I can't use any recovery too...

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
hi,

can you put in red that this tool is only for XT926, i've used it with my 925 and now I don't have any IMEI, no network :/

any way to fix that? I can't use any recovery too...

says this right in the op
This is ONLY for the DROID RAZR XT926 and DROID RAZR HD MAXX XT926. Do NOT use this on an XT925!

i added 926 to the title, thats all im going to do.

if you cant get into fastboot to re-flash with rsd, i dont know what to tell you, sorry.

otter34

Jul 1, 2010
I have the samsung galaxy nexus which is rooted and I know all about that phone, but know nothing about her Droid Razr MAZZ (hd?). It's beyond sluggish so I want to root it. I see this mentioned going back to JB if you're on KK. How lucky that would be. She is still on 4.1.2. Can I use this even though she is on 4.1.2? I tried forcing an update and it says it's up to date.

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
I have the samsung galaxy nexus which is rooted and I know all about that phone, but know nothing about her Droid Razr MAZZ (hd?). It's beyond sluggish so I want to root it. I see this mentioned going back to JB if you're on KK. How lucky that would be. She is still on 4.1.2. Can I use this even though she is on 4.1.2? I tried forcing an update and it says it's up to date.

yes you can.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *********PSA**********

a new update is rolling out NOW

use version 1.41 and the UNLOCK GUIDE now!!!, before you take the update!!!.

once updated by the 9/9/14 ota, you are screwed permanently from unlocking and rooting.

WARNING
    unlocked users on the oficial KK need to use rsd to flash back to JB before you can use the JB version of this utility again.
    locked users on KK can not flash back to JB by any means, including this script.

check out my guide for flashing to KK, unlocking the bootloader, and flashing back to JB if you wish here.

DroidRazrUtilityLogo.png

This is ONLY for the DROID RAZR XT926 and DROID RAZR HD MAXX XT926. Do NOT use this on an XT925!

DROID RAZR HD Utility by MattLGroff, Updated [1.3+] to include the latest OTA, Recoveries, and Root by Me.
    Thanks and Credit goes to Matt and the dev's who's tools are in this script.

- Mac & Linux Instructions See This Thread
    ( no longer supported in newer versions, sorry)

Extract .zip to its own folder on the Desktop.
    Install the required drivers. The folder with the drivers is called "Drivers [WINDOWS ONLY]" and is included in the Utility folder.
    Double click the ".bat" file. This will be called "WindowsUtility.bat" the image is just for reference.

YOrlfVS.png

SOME OPTIONS ARE NOT AVAILABLE IN EVERY VERSION, no point including things that dont work on the version being flashed.

Possible options, depending on version:

1 Flash 4.1.2 Stock System, Kernel, and Radio (Data Wipe) [from AP Fastboot]
    2 Flash 4.1.2 Stock Recovery [from AP Fastboot]
    3 Motochopper Root Exploit by djrbliss [from Normal Boot] old method, older builds, 9.16 and before
    4 Same as #3 UPDATED for the latest ota by SamuriHL, merged into this script by Me New method, locked or unlocked bootloader 9.18.79 to 9.20.1
    5 Unlock Bootloader (Install Motopocalypse App) [from Normal Boot] this will NOT unlock your bootloader if you are already on 9.18.79, 9.20.1, or newer JB, but will on rooted KK
    6 Flash TWRP 2.6.3.0 Recovery -[Updated by Djuniah] UNLOCKED BL REQUIRED [from Normal Boot]
    7 Flash OUDHS 1.0.3.4 Recovery - UNLOCKED BL REQUIRED [from Normal Boot]
    8 Flash CWM 6.0.3.5 Recovery - UNLOCKED BL REQUIRED [from Normal Boot]

Number 1 Explained -- This option requires your phone be in AP Fastboot mode. It will flash the official 4.1.2 System, Kernel, and Radio as well we wipe your data.

Number 2 Explained -- This option requires your phone be in AP Fastboot mode. It will flash the official 4.1.2 Stock Recovery.

Number 3 Explained -- This is Dan Rosenberg's root exploit called 'Motochopper'. This option requires your phone to be booted normally, with USB Debugging enabled. old builds

Number 4 Explained-- Same as #3 UPDATED by SamuriHL for 9.18.79 and 9.20.1 (locked or unlocked bootloader)

Number 5 Explained -- Again, this will NOT unlock your bootloader if you are already on this update
    This option requires your phone to be booted normally, with USB Debugging enabled. It will install an App version of Dan Rosenberg's Motopocalypse exploit for unlocking the bootloader.

Number 6 Explained -- This option requires your phone to be booted normally with USB Debugging enabled, and be already Rooted. This will flash TWRP 2.6.3.0 Recovery.

Number 7 Explained -- This option requires your phone to be booted normally with USB Debugging enabled, and be already Rooted. This will flash OUDHS 1.0.3.4 Recovery.

Number 8 Explained -- This option requires your phone to be booted normally with USB Debugging enabled, and be already Rooted. This will flash CWM 6.0.3.5 Recovery.

Remember, do not run this utility unless your phone is at 100% battery OR you have bought yourself one of Team Black Hat's Factory-Style Programming Adapters.

Thanks to Shabbypenguin and OUDHS for making the original OUDHS which Matt ported over. Thanks to Hashcode and dhacker29 for making the STS-Dev Team repo. Thanks to Djrbliss for Motochopper and Motopocalypse! Thanks to TomSgt for making the video (coming soon to be added to the OP).

Video:
    http://youtu.be/ej7HBxvNPv0

Download version 1.33 (10/25/2013) (added root for the ota in this build, 9.18.79-9.20.1)
    File size: 582 MB
    MD5: 7DE0DCEC718445B76B34B1FE70EB1ED0

Download version 1.34 (11/09/2013) (updated to the latest ota 9.30.1/9.18.94, slimmed down version, new ota and current recoveries only)
    (there was no working root method for this ota at the time of this build, so its not included)
    File size: 569 MB
    MD5: 374A052E99894676ACC7B959DA097AE6

GPT error fix -- Mirror 926 GPT error fix script this is for JB only, do not use this if you were on the official KK at any time, it will not work as the partition table can never be downdraded.
    File size: 540MB
    MD5: D60EBC01E1CC803E18A2C7B22D31ACA6

Download version 1.4 KitKat (05/22/2014) (this is a FULL version and can be used to flash from any version to KitKat. Data Wipe or NO Data Wipe files are included also.) (root can be achieved with this app)
    File size: 703MB
    MD5: E4BB44ECFC8CB70002BA17B0D8611448

Download version 1.41 KitKat (06/16/2014) THIS IS THE SAME VERSION AS 1.4 i merely added in sub folders, new root app, old bootloader app (yes this works again on KK), new cwm for KK, and new twrp for KK, for convenience.
    File size: 710MB
    MD5: 3586516747FD4B2F9EF78A34558A3364
    It will work, yes. It's what I do in my tools for Linux/Mac users. However, there's a caveat here. You can flash custom recovery, and that's a good idea, but, there's no way to boot directly from AP Fastboot mode to recovery. So what I tell people is skip the reboot altogether, unplug the phone, turn it OFF, then boot it up into the menu so you can select recovery before it ever boots.
    Hello,

I have an XT925, my bootloader is unlocked, and I'm on official leaked OTA 4.4 (modified to be flashed with CWM recovery).

RSD lite fail to downgrade befause of GPT security. It seems it is because of "partition_signed" if I understood the OP message...

Can I downgrade with RSD Lite without "partition_signed" ?

Thank you

Edit : I tried, I had to remove patititon_signed and tz_signed from XML file to enable flash

Someone know what tz_signed is for ?

yes, to downgrade you need to remove those 2 lines and getvar, as you stated.
    the reason you have to delete them is, they can never be downgraded, even with an unlocked phone. trying will just result in a fail result as im sure you saw.

tz= trust zone, its part of the security. you could use google if you want a more detailed description.
    The difference between 182 and 183 are the version number and the signing keys. That's it. 182 was the soak build, so, yes, we did manage to get an FXZ for that thanks to a member here on the forum who leaked it to us. 183 is the "official" release that updates 9.30.1. It's considered to be the official path, not that it makes any difference whatsoever. The actual code is identical. It's just a matter of what version it updated and the signing keys they used on it. Functionally, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference cause there isn't any.

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

Yup, that'd do it.
    Find a flashable baseband .zip and flash it in recovery.

How would you flash the 4.1 radio onto 4.3 CM?

Sent from my XT926 using XDA Premium HD app

i didnt make this, nor can confirm it works, it was posted by someone right after the update on another forum. http://www.mediafire.com/download/g5jyi3m45skpo3g/RAZR_HD-radio_updater.zip