Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,054 Members 40,675 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][CM10][ARC/S]Racing SPEED EDITION EOL[12/02/2014]

Tip us?

DeathStroke
Old
Thanks Meter 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by tman_pl View Post
Ok, but the problem is that I can not enter CWM (to flash the system)..

Now I reverted to the previous stage using last nandroid backup, but how am I expected to install Racing Speed without possibility to run CWM?

I could install ROM using CWM before flashing the kernel and than flash the kernel, but will it work? The suggested procedure is totally opposite..

any advice?
Hello buddy, this happens because KitKat rom uses different partition size, so to install older roms based on any platform of android first format your rom from your kk kernel then flash fusion or lupus kernel then flash this rom. It will work i hope.

sent from Xperia Arc S
Xperia Arc S

tman_pl
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathStroke View Post
Hello buddy, this happens because KitKat rom uses different partition size, so to install older roms based on any platform of android first format your rom from your kk kernel then flash fusion or lupus kernel then flash this rom. It will work i hope.

sent from Xperia Arc S
They say there are no stupid questions, but... How to format rom from your kernel? Or it means CWM?

The partition sizes - is it a reason of not being able to enter CWM?

DeathStroke
Old
Thanks Meter 182
Quote:
They say there are no stupid questions, but... How to format rom from your kernel? Or it means CWM?

The partition sizes - is it a reason of not being able to enter CWM?
Yes, from CWM of your KK kernel, then flash fusion then rom.
And yeah partition size matters.

Sent from my Xperia Arc S using XDA Free mobile app
Xperia Arc S

smallpro_20
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Thumbs up

You, Sir, deserved a noble or something for making this ROM. It's amazingly fast and stable.

I just want to ask, is the default governor and i/o scheduler makes it the best configuration so far?

smokerman
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2821

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadGround View Post
Thanks for your advice.

I checked the recorded vid on pc. Recorded with hd720 I get 1280x720 @ 6045 kBit/s and 18 fps, recorded with sd480 I get 640x480 @ 4053 kBit/s and 29 fps in detailed info.
If you want smooth vid, use sd480

And an update would be really great! :thumbup:

Thank you so much for this great rom!

Sent from my Xperia Arc S using xda app-developers app
i told you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathStroke View Post
Texts are not visible, it happens over many other places too, like on launcher icon names.
Please correct in new build. And please add dark mode or plane ui like official cm. M truly fan of this rom in just two days of usage. On standby, it consumes only 1% in four hours.
Amazing ROM.
Thanks allot for your work.

sent from Xperia Arc S
i made this rom on my own personal taste..if you use the rom as i provided you wont have any problem on text..im sure..just change in themes to your personal taste with many cm10 themes for free on google store..i will update a bit but not much as this rom is pretty smooth and fast and as you said battery life is amazing..i ve made many changes on framework and all that i cant revert all..this rom is EOL..

Quote:
Ok, but the problem is that I can not enter CWM (to flash the system)..

Now I reverted to the previous stage using last nandroid backup, but how am I expected to install Racing Speed without possibility to run CWM?

I could install ROM using CWM before flashing the kernel and than flash the kernel, but will it work? The suggested procedure is totally opposite..

any advice?
dont complicate..flash stock ICS, then flash custom JB kernel as i said in OP..lupus jb kernel is recommended or fusion 5.5..make all wipes and install the rom..its easy to do and you have this rom in 5 minutes on your phone..coming from KK roms and having problems this is the solution..or simply flash JB kernel ,make all wipes-install the rom and reboot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallpro_20 View Post
You, Sir, deserved a noble or something for making this ROM. It's amazingly fast and stable.

I just want to ask, is the default governor and i/o scheduler makes it the best configuration so far?
use my recommended cpu settings on post 1..for daily usage is the best.for gaming see my other recommendations..you have it all on my video review with audio in english with cpu and other settings recommendations for having the best configuration possible.
Quote:

MY ROM REVIEWS/TUTORIALS ON YOUTUBE

DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES,OR USE MY WORK IN ANY WAY WITHOUT MY PERMISSION TO DO SO!!!

if you want my answer faster, please mention me.
The Following User Says Thank You to smokerman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

smallpro_20
Old
(Last edited by smallpro_20; 11th July 2014 at 03:37 PM.) Reason: Other question
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokerman View Post

use my recommended cpu settings on post 1..for daily usage is the best.for gaming see my other recommendations..you have it all on my video review with audio in english with cpu and other settings recommendations for having the best configuration possible.
Whoops, sorry. I didn't see that one, now it feels awesome. I feel that the camera quality decreases and could you provide the link for the Noozxoide? It's a bit complicated for me

I just switched from LuPuS to FusioN and I found that it doesn't have intellidemand2 on its list. Does it have different governor/scheduler config?

smokerman
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2821

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallpro_20 View Post
Whoops, sorry. I didn't see that one, now it feels awesome. I feel that the camera quality decreases and could you provide the link for the Noozxoide? It's a bit complicated for me

I just switched from LuPuS to FusioN and I found that it doesn't have intellidemand2 on its list. Does it have different governor/scheduler config?
use intellidemand or smartassv2.. camera quality doesnt decrease..im sure..if you mean its worst than ICS..yes..you are right.that is a fact on all JB roms.

for Noozxoide use different settings until you feel its ok..its hard to say wich configuration is better for you..i use always audiophilie and weakest changes..but try with and without headphones and change it to your personal taste.
Quote:

MY ROM REVIEWS/TUTORIALS ON YOUTUBE

DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES,OR USE MY WORK IN ANY WAY WITHOUT MY PERMISSION TO DO SO!!!

if you want my answer faster, please mention me.

The Following User Says Thank You to smokerman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]