Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,852 Members 42,371 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Root for att i527's updated kit kat 4.4.2

Tip us?

lareya
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmt5150 View Post
My Mega is DOA. I was able to FULLY FLASH MY MEGA BACK to 4.2, only problem is, now my phone is a shiny paperweight that yells at me when I turn it on. It says, and I quote, (ahem) "SECURE FAIL: KERNEL

System software not authorized by AT&T has been found on your phone. Please turn off your phone and go to the nearest AT&T store for help.".

Thing is, I flashed it using only genuine Samsung firmware (and did it right by the way) and the kicker is I BOUGHT THIS FOR FULL PRICE OFF CONTRACT!

Should've got the SGH-I527M.. Now I have to JTAG it and even that might not work
Did you get it fixed????

kmt5150
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by lareya View Post
Did you get it fixed????
Unfortunately not. Can't focus or how to fix without sending for JTAG service.
******************Current Devices**************
Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE SGH-i527 UCUBNE7 (Android 4.4.2 KitKat) unlocked network PENDING)
Samsung Galaxy S4 Active SGH-i537 (unlocked network PENDING)
Motorola Atrix HD Developer Edition (rooted, unlocked boot and network)

***************Retired Devices*****************
Motorola Atrix (at&t)
Any boost mobile phone released prior to 2010
Samsung Galaxy S (t-mo)

Now accepting donations via Google Wallet.

joshuaburnsjr
Old
Thanks Meter 19

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sashusmom View Post
Do we have this on our Mega's:

Like the HTC and the newest Moto --- " /system is write protected. (system partition is locked)
Detected as Andr.Exploit.Ratc by some virus scanners. It is an Android exploit. Will not fix."

If we do then it is not good news. Since I'm not sure what the above means, I will be an optimist!

In case we get somewhere with this towelroot app, The other thing you have to do before or after running a successful root is go to chainfire's site and download the update supersu zip file. I did it on my laptop.

http://download.chainfire.eu/448/Sup...SU-v1.99r5.zip supersu has been updated in the playstore as of 6/18/14. This step is no longer necessary.

Since we can't flash zip files yet (no custom recovery due to locked bootloader), you need to unzip the file, go into the common folder and copy the superuser apk file. I know the date says 2008, but that is the latest apk.- v.1.99. The one in the play store is too old. ( It won't update the binary.) I removed my old supersu, and downloaded the apk thru my dropbox, installed it. (Just read we need to uninstall supersu Pro too) Update binary and then reinstall pro.

Once we have root with towelroot (I'm thinking positive here) you will need to open the supersu- v. 1.99 and update the binary. Then you should be good to go.

I borrowed the following from Franzie3- thank you. Taken from the following thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2784860

once you have completed the instructions and used Towelroot. Let's get us some SuperSu on it!!
6/16/14 For now please download the following zip located from chainfires site listed above- v.1.99 and extract the SuperSU.apk from the "Common" Folder in the ZIP and sideload the app. Credit to @Chainfire for SuperSU
- Once SuperSU is installed Open it.
- It will state that Samsung KNOX is detected and ask to disable it. The choice is yours, but I let it disable.
- Next you will need to update your binary. The choice are "Normal" or "TWRP/CWM". You MUST choose normal as TWRP and CWM require unlocked bootloaders which we do not have as of now.( this applies to us att mega owners too)
- Download Root Checker form the Play Store HERE
- Once you have verified you have root CONGRATS!!

1st question can anyone verify that the Wifi while using Bluetooth bug has been fixed in Kit Kat 4.4 or higher for our devices.
2nd are you saying that you have verified this method??? I may update to Kit Kat just to get my LG H371 working correctly. But must have a rooted device.
[ROM][4.3][Dec-2013] AT&T I317-UCUBMK6/MJ4 *Stock* Rooted Odex/De-Odex/Odin
Official SGH-I717UCMD3 Root + Deodex
Samsung Galaxy Note - [4.2.2] Unofficial CyanogenMOD [cm-10.1] - [march19] - P10 - [COLOR="Lime"]Dissapointed http://forum.xda-developers.com/imag...lies/frown.gif
Samsung Galaxy Note - Rooted, Hybrid 4.0.3 - Bored
Too Many inbetween to remember and list...
Inspire 4G Ice Cold Sandwich 4.0.3 Updated 5.5 - Retired

sashusmom
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuaburnsjr View Post
1st question can anyone verify that the Wifi while using Bluetooth bug has been fixed in Kit Kat 4.4 or higher for our devices.
2nd are you saying that you have verified this method??? I may update to Kit Kat just to get my LG H371 working correctly. But must have a rooted device.
Do not update to kitkat on your i527 mega. There is no root method yet...Please reread the thread. TR was a Hope that we could get root, but it just doesn't work. Also read the off topic thread on the i527 mega. More info on this subject there.
SG Note-i717 -SG Mega i527 (stock KK) iphone 5s-JB nokia 521/win8.1
SG note 8/JB TF101/dock/kitkat
It doesn't cost anything to be nice and say thank you!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sashusmom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]