Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,619 Members 46,564 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unrooting Galaxy S4

Tip us?

azelk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Unrooting Galaxy S4

I tried to unroot my Galaxy S4 by using galaxys4root.com/galaxy-s4-tutorials/how-to-unroot-galaxy-s4-and-remove-root-completely . I downloaded the verizon rom from galaxys4root.com/galaxy-s4-stock-firmware/ When I click on the 'PDA' button and select that firmware file, it has a red box that says "FAIL!" The last few log entries are "aboot.nbm", "", "Complete(Write) operation failed.", "All threads completed (succeed 0/ failed 1)" Now I get a yellow triangle when trying to boot the phone. How can I return back to stock?

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by azelk View Post
I tried to unroot my Galaxy S4 by using galaxys4root.com/galaxy-s4-tutorials/how-to-unroot-galaxy-s4-and-remove-root-completely . I downloaded the verizon rom from galaxys4root.com/galaxy-s4-stock-firmware/ When I click on the 'PDA' button and select that firmware file, it has a red box that says "FAIL!" The last few log entries are "aboot.nbm", "", "Complete(Write) operation failed.", "All threads completed (succeed 0/ failed 1)" Now I get a yellow triangle when trying to boot the phone. How can I return back to stock?
have you used odin before? If not, many youtube videos are out there and some instructional guides here in xda
S4 powered by hashcode 3.72 safestrap and Echo V26 kitkat

jco897j
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Also, next time you want to unroot you can open SuperSU and go to settings. Scroll down and click Full Unroot. Reboot and done.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to jco897j For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

k1mu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1521

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by azelk View Post
That's what happens when sites post directions that don't get updated. You would have been OK if you had noticed that the directions they're providing are almost a year old, and ONLY work if you happen to have a phone with a MDK bootloader. At the time, that's all there was.

To return to stock, first figure out what firmware version you have, then get the ODIN kit for that release.
My Android devices:
vzw Samsung Galaxy S4 stock NC5 rooted
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, also stock but rooted.

VZ Droid Incredible 2 rooted but otherwise stock.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

tokomoto
Old
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jco897j View Post
Also, next time you want to unroot you can open SuperSU and go to settings. Scroll down and click Full Unroot. Reboot and done.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app
Sorry to reply to an old thread but I just wanted to say THANK YOU! This saved me hours of work! After doing this I was able to update my phone OTA from 4.3 to 4.4! Thank you again! For anyone having issues unrooting, this did the trick for me!