Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,020 Members 40,936 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Have you been unlocked your bootloader using either method?
YES, I'M UNLOCKED IN ALL ITS GLORY 94 65.28%
NO, NEITHER WORKED 10 6.94%
I WANT TO, BUT I DONT TRUST IT 40 27.78%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Potential Bootloader Unlock for Non-Dev Edition

Tip us?

cooklio
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default Many thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWKENT View Post
One must install a custom recovery such as TWRP or the other one, and install SuperSU and thru this method, Root is obtained..

Sent from my:
(Jaocagomex debloated)
4.4_19.6.3 (Unlocked)
XT1080M Droid Maxx #2
http://waynekent.com/page6.html
Many thanks to you Brother for all your help and patience. You did a great job guiding me. I had Droid Maxx XT1080 consumer edition, stocked, locked, and loaded. I now have an unlocked, rooted, and lean machine with TWRP recovery. Very awesome! Thanks again!!
The Following User Says Thank You to cooklio For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NWKENT
Old
Thanks Meter 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooklio View Post
Many thanks to you Brother for all your help and patience. You did a great job guiding me. I had Droid Maxx XT1080 consumer edition, stocked, locked, and loaded. I now have an unlocked, rooted, and lean machine with TWRP recovery. Very awesome! Thanks again!!
I'm honored to help out..
"Keep In God's Love"

Sent from my:
(Jaocagomex debloated)
4.4_19.6.3 (Unlocked)
XT1080M Droid Maxx #2
http://waynekent.com/page6.html

cooklio
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default Confirmation

This post is to confirm this thread. I have Droid Maxx Non-Dev edition (consumer edition purchased from Verizon store) Build date 2/20/14. Came with 19.5.3 and 4.4kk. Took the April 30 OTA update to 19.6.3. Got unlock code per instructions on page 1 of this thread. Unlocked and installed TWRP and SuperSu. Backed up and installed Cyanogen mod 11 with gapps. Smooth sailing so far!
The Following User Says Thank You to cooklio For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

arayray
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 95

DONATE TO ME
I paid for one of the services (link) and the person goes by 'Unlock the phone home'. I cannot get in contact with the person... I left my email and IMEI number in the comment section when paying. I've tried to chat the person on the website and they will not respond. If all else fails, I will dispute the transaction to get my money back and try again?
Devices:
Galaxy Nexus
Asus Transfomer

Caseyk621
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by arayray View Post
I paid for one of the services (link) and the person goes by 'Unlock the phone home'. I cannot get in contact with the person... I left my email and IMEI number in the comment section when paying. I've tried to chat the person on the website and they will not respond. If all else fails, I will dispute the transaction to get my money back and try again?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=54076489

China Middleman Back??

Think this post by classic757 outlines the method that is currently being used.

Also sometimes it takes a bit for the seller to respond. Given the time difference and all.

Sent From My Droid Ultra
The Following User Says Thank You to Caseyk621 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

arayray
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 95

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseyk621 View Post

China Middleman Back??

Also sometimes it takes a bit for the seller to respond. Given the time difference and all.

Sent From My Droid Ultra
Yeah I didn't go through that guy. I purchased the service that I linked to. I do not think it is the same guy.
Devices:
Galaxy Nexus
Asus Transfomer

s_u_n
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by arayray View Post
Yeah I didn't go through that guy. I purchased the service that I linked to. I do not think it is the same guy.
So, there is another source for getting unlock codes?
I am tempted to try since the 'Chinaman/SBDNYY' does not have codes for my 14 January Droid Maxx.
----------------------------------------------
Motorola Defy, Xoom, Razr HD Maxx, Droid Maxx
LG Optimus Vu II F200 || Samsung Note 10.1 || Blackberry Playbook
Raspberry Pi with OpenElec 4 || Panasonic Plasma ST60 series

cooklio
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseyk621 View Post

China Middleman Back??

Sent From My Droid Ultra
This method posted by classic757 is the one i used to unlock my XT1080 Droid Maxx. In my excitement, I mistakenly posted that i used the method from page 1 of this thread. I apologize for the error because I respect this forum and accurate information is crucial. The "China middleman back" thread is under Moto X forum, but I know for a fact it applies to the consumer edition Droid Maxx. It took 38 hours after payment until I received my code, and that is the longest time I have seen reported, with most coming between 12 and 24 hours.

Just_Jim
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I used the "China middle back" method from the Moto X forum to unlock my XT1030 Droid Mini.

I sent my money via PayPal in the morning and received my unlock code within minutes.