[Guide][T,TL,V,TX][4.3] ROOT + RECOVERY

Search This thread

GrAmSou

Jul 2, 2014
Nice !

Waiting so long for an easy root for my Xperia T (9.2.A.199).

Took something like 5 minutes... amazing !

mamooshe

Jul 3, 2014
Nice !

Waiting so long for an easy root for my Xperia T (9.2.A.199).

Took something like 5 minutes... amazing !

i rooted my device 9.2.a.1.210 by this method and now notification from sony to update 9.2.a.2.5
i downloaded but i cant install. now how can i unroot my device and update from sony?

munch77

Mar 15, 2014
i don't understand sorry XD i am italian. How have you installed recovery?

Download XT-lockeddualrecovery2.7.144-BETA.installer.zip
(9.29MB) from http://nut.xperia-files.com/

Extract the zip to your pc, run install.bat and choose option 1 if you have rooted and have superSU.

Will install dual recovery, volume up for philz and down for twrp
Or just boot to recovery with the NDR utils app that installs with this recovery;)

Sent from my D5503 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

vonotny

Feb 19, 2013
How do I get the tr.apk into my phone's internal memory without root? Using Xperia V on the latest JB 4.3 firmware.

UPDATE: It worked when I copied it to sdcard0. THANKS! Awesome. Rooting was never easier. And since I still had Superuser installed, everything started working again.

Last edited:

kokonuk

Oct 31, 2013
Does this mean I don't have to unlock bootloader?

I'm dumb:

If I'm rooted and have the recovery installed, does this mean I don't have to unlock my bootloader when installing third party ROMs?

Does something like 2ndInit exist or is it needed at all? I used to have a Defy+ and the bootloader was impossible to unlock, but it was bypassed with 2ndInit which then loaded any ROM.

Thanks!

istux

Jun 26, 2012
Milano
If I'm rooted and have the recovery installed, does this mean I don't have to unlock my bootloader when installing third party ROMs?

With a locked bootloader you can install any rom based ONLY on stock firmware.
With an unlocked bootloader you can install any custom rom (cyanogenmod, omnirom, miui... and so on) or just a custom kernel working with stock firmware (doomkernel, etc...)

kokonuk

Oct 31, 2013
With a locked bootloader you can install any rom based ONLY on stock firmware.
With an unlocked bootloader you can install any custom rom (cyanogenmod, omnirom, miui... and so on) or just a custom kernel working with stock firmware (doomkernel, etc...)

Thank you for that info! The biggest problem I have with stock ROM is that it prevents from installing APK's and things in general on the actual SD card, and the internal 2GB on my Xperia V gets filled up really fast. I have a 32GB SD card and can currently use it only for my photos, which is a huge waste of space - and also my 2GB internal is constantly full. Might be a bit off-topic, but is there a way around this on stock-based ROMs?

peter-k

Jul 31, 2013
Singapore
There are apps which provide that capability, search for App2SD. Or system tools which do the job, such as Android Tuner, Appmanager, etc.I remember there are also stock based ROMs where the developer built that capability in.

Arioman

Aug 20, 2012
owjgraphic.com
when i want to install FlashgordonBB , i get installing this app may harm your device, Google recommended to not install this app

is this ok ??

anyway FlashgordonBB link : File Temporarily Unavailable now on Dev host !!

bigb0119

Dec 30, 2013
I have successfully rooted my Xperia V 9.2.a.2.5 and tried to install recovery
After installing flash gordon, I selected the zip file, clicked to grant root access to flash gordon, and it showed "Extracting" for several minutes which kept appeared.
I tried to hit "back" on my phone, that "extracting" disappeared, so I hit the "flash now" button.
The app said successful and reboot required. I manually power off the phone, but the recovery is not installed.
Is the "Extracting" message normal??
Thanks

=========================================================================================
Problem found!
I havn't put the recovery zip file into the root folder of internal storage
solution: Put it into root folder

Last edited:
Reactions: mnoruzi72

mejkus

Jan 25, 2014
Very simple and great guide, everything is working on my LT30p : ) If I've done everything from this (root+recovery) and want to install custom rom like PureXT, do I need to do steps 1-3 over again?

agnesch

May 9, 2010
It worked on my Lt29i 9.2.A.1.205..
Just download tr.apk, install and make it rain..
Thanks alot dude...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This guide is for stock firmwares based on Android 4.3 only.

What you get:
    • Direct root on any 4.3 stock firmware, so you DON'T need to downgrade to 4.1.2 anymore!
    • PhilZ Touch Recovery based on CWM recovery, so every backup made from CWM can be restored with PhilZ-Touch and vice versa.
    What you need:
    • Any stock firmware based on Android 4.3
      Go HERE if you need one.
    • Unknown sources enabled
      Go to Settings, tap on Security, select Unknown sources.

ROOT
    1. Download the last version of Towelroot from HERE (click on λ symbol to get it)
    2. Copy tr.apk into internal memory of your phone and install it with a File Manager
    3. Open Towelroot and tap on "make it ra1n"
      NOTE: if you get the message "Please ensure you are connected to the internet", then have a look HERE
    4. Now simply install SuperSU by Chainfire from Play Store
    5. Open SuperSU. It will ask to update the SU binary: tap on "Continue", then on "Normal"
    6. Reboot
    7. Done! :victory:
      [*]You can uninstall Towelroot app, if you want or need

RECOVERY
    1. Download modified FlashgordonBB from HERE
    2. Download PhilZ Touch Recovery from HERE (remember to hit "Thanks" to @peetr_ for his great work)
    3. Copy both files into internal memory of your phone
    4. Install FlashGordonBB.apk with a File Manager
    5. Open Flash Gordon on your phone, tap on "Select zip..." and select PhilZ Touch Recovery ZIP file
    6. Tap on "Grant" when root permission is asked
    7. Tap on "Flash Now!"
    8. Turn off (do not reboot through Flash Gordon)
    9. Done! To enter into recovery, just power on and immediately push Vol-down button repeatedly
      [*]You can uninstall Flash Gordon app, if you want or need

Any further suggestion is welcome! :)
    I'm pretty sure this works on all T,TL,V,TX devices :cyclops:

Please, report your experience here!

FULLY WORKING ON:

I find your post useless as mine right now. :)
    offtopic - towelroot is faster

Towelroot is also SAFER.

Kingroot sends your imei number to a server based in China.
    Not a big deal :rolleyes:
    Your Towelroot-Link is wrong; should be http://towelroot.com/
    i don't understand sorry XD i am italian. How have you installed recovery?

Download XT-lockeddualrecovery2.7.144-BETA.installer.zip
    (9.29MB) from http://nut.xperia-files.com/

Extract the zip to your pc, run install.bat and choose option 1 if you have rooted and have superSU.

Will install dual recovery, volume up for philz and down for twrp
    Or just boot to recovery with the NDR utils app that installs with this recovery;)

Sent from my D5503 using XDA Free mobile app