A: Having Problems Rooting the Note Pro 12.2 SM-P900/905? TRY THIS!
**NOTE** For the SM-P900! However steps should be the same for SM-P905 EXCLUDING THE FILE TYPES (THEY ARE DIFFERENT DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE THE FILES FOR THE SM-P900 OR BYE BYE TO YOUR NOTE 12.2 Pro because now you have a problem that may or may not be repairable/reversible). You just have to make sure you have the coordinating files for the process!
If anyone else has issues try this and these steps to complete the Root/Custom ROM/TWRP Recovery installations successfully for a "First time go":
1. Remove Kies and Kies3 files, related files, folders, and everything that has anything to do with the primary installation of either the two programs on your PC and your devices. When/if prompted, select the checkable box and elect not save any type of files... if you want to keep them save them OFF your main PC on a flash or removable storage device.
2. REMOVE ALL SAMSUNG DRIVERS AND REPLACE WITH ONLY OFFICIAL SAMSUNG DRIVES!!! THIS IS A BIG MUST!
3. Using your USB 2.0 cable and ports Install the Custom Rom "P900XXUANB3-RecoveryImg.tar" FIRST and flash it via ODIN 3.07 under the PDA checkbox that is "fixed" (so you noobs don’t make any soft bricks if this is your first attempt at rooting), and only use the ODIN 3.07 THAT COMES W/ CHAINFIRES AUTO ROOT .zip file and then unzip the folder to open ODIN 3.07 ONLY! This is only because I have read that there have been issues installing the SU via Chain Fires Auto Root Process... the file is called (currently as of 25 JUNE 2014) "P900XXUANB3-RecoveryImg.tar" PDA select it and then start when in DOWNLOAD MODE on your device. Manually select DOWNLOAD MODE if you have to BEFORE PRESSING START! Otherwise, one is just going to sit there and not accomplish anything.
4 Reboot back into DOWNLOAD MODE. Flash in ODIN 3.07 with the PDA section and select this file next to install: "openrecovery-twrp-220.127.116.11-v1awifi.img.tar"
5. In DOWNLOAD MODE and flash the file under the PDA box TWRP (OR CURRENT RECOVERY OF YOUR CHOICE THAT IS AVAILABLE)
6. AGAIN... Restart your device into DOWNLOAD MODE via ODIN 3.07 and select PDA and then finally root this: "CF-Auto-Root-v1awifi-v1awifixx-smp900.tar.md5" Then you can backup, restore, flash anything, and be happy! YOU SHOULD FINALLY HAVE A SUCCESSFUL ROOT! Turn off and REBOOT into RECOVERY to see if TWRP stuck and then reboot to see if the SU stuck. IF everything stuck reboot back into TWRP to flash whatever rom is available MAKE SURE TO BACK UP EVERY FILE BEFORE YOU FLASH ANY NON-STOCK ROMS. If not successful rinse wash and repeat until it does!
7. That’s it you should have root and a custom rom and recovery if you followed these instructions for flashing via ODIN 3.07 and Chainfires AutoRoot files. If you still have an issue repeat until root/recovery/Rom sticks. If you have to update the Binary for the SU just go to the Google Play Store and install the app and then try it again till it works. GOOD LUCK it worked for me this way!
BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP after every flash that is possible to back up. If you can, back up the NON-SU stock ROM BEFORE installing SU, after installing the recovery and/or back up.
***IF I HELPED YOU OUT THANK ME***
DISCLAIMER - all research was observed via comments on the thread according to issues people have been having during ROOTING the device I simply have compiled the data and made a check list!
JOIN MY SPRINT "FRAMILY PLAN" [~r02321236ye~UNLIMITED Talk Text & Data~]SM-P900 - Rooted! FACTORY ~ STOCK ROM - CURRENTLY IN USE!
SM-N900P - Rooted! - CURRENTLY IN USE!
SM-T217S 3G/4G - Rooted! DEODEXED ~ STOCK ROM - CURRENTLY IN USE!
SPH-L720 - Rooted! CM11 OFFICIAL~ NIGHTLIES-Up To Date. CURRENTLY IN USE!
SPH-L710 - Rooted! CM10 OFFICIAL ~ STABLE ROM - DEVICE RETIRED!!!
PC36100 - Rooted! CM09 OFFICIAL ~ STABLE ROM - DEVICE RETIRED!!!