Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,807 Members 43,733 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Script] [SS/DS] [LB] Nicki Root - Full root on Android 4.3 firmware (v1.3.2)

Tip us?

baazellbub
Old
(Last edited by baazellbub; 2nd July 2014 at 12:56 PM.) Reason: spelling
Thanks Meter 1
Default new update

Ok guys, I did all this and I am rooted. Now there is a new update, so all I need to do is exclude system partition and Iam done? Like you said it.
So the question is should I do this using flash tool, or updating it using pc companion and then use towelroot?
And if I use flash tool should I delete davlick cache(I'm not sure if flashtool has that kind of option, since i haven't used it in a while) or something like that before flashing the new update. Sorry if you've repeated yourself but its 4 am and I dont feel like searching 40 pages :S

And P.S. Link where I can download latest version of 4.3?

Arturiuz!
Old
Thanks Meter 7
upgrading to 4.3 with 15.4.A.1.9 firmware,you can use either PCC or use flashtool.kindly search google for latest XMSS firmware download..once you've upgraded to it:

1. Download & install TowelRoot.(your phone will reboot seconds after)

2. Download & install SuperSU from playstore then update it.

3. Download & install busybox from playstore. Wait for the binaries to completely load 'til 100% then click install.

4. Your phone is now fully rooted!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arturiuz! For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

baazellbub
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default info

Btw what is new in the new update, does it worth it to update it. If it's just fix for themes, better is not to bother with the update since I have too much stuff on the phone.

Arturiuz!
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Just some improvements on the phone features. Not that much,though. But as always,better performance when roted!

New update of the stock firmware, you mean? I'm not sure for the XMDS but for the SS, it's 15.4.A.1.9 version 4.3JB.

honeycakehorse
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Works perfectly with Stock ROM C2005_15.5.A.1.5_CE, but don't work for me with the German ROM C2005_15.5.A.1.5_DE.
After flashing the root was removed. I had to begin with flashing downgrade 4.2.2 and root...
Then I swapped internal SD with external SD with init.d support:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2711280
This is a Folder Mount replacement. You no longer need this app.
Tags
15.4.a.0.23, 15.5.a.0.18, 4.3, locked bootloader, root