Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,571 Members 54,120 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hisense Sero 7 Pro General Questions Thread

Tip us?

paratwa53
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by x000x View Post
curious, has anyone tried removing the brown plastic back shell? I was wondering if there was some disassemble guide or pictures. Mine gets really hot on one of the corners. So hot it starts to worry me. I want to pry it off and see if there is anything I can do to help, like a mini heatsink or something.
sammysp posted pics on how to open the Sero 7 pro. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2298328
If you do a search for sero 7 heatsink there are other people that have tried adding a heatsink to this device.

jerbear294
Old
Thanks Meter 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by x000x View Post
curious, has anyone tried removing the brown plastic back shell? I was wondering if there was some disassemble guide or pictures. Mine gets really hot on one of the corners. So hot it starts to worry me. I want to pry it off and see if there is anything I can do to help, like a mini heatsink or something.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2298328
Later in the thread, somebody said that using copper tilling foil, he was able to replicate the Nexus 7 cooling system, and it substantially dropped temps.

EDIT: Beaten to it.
Current Device: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Android 4.4.2 - AOSP - Build DoPa 1.1

Current Development: CyanogenMod for the Slate 7 Plus, Ubuntu Touch for the Sero 7 Pro (M470BSA/USA Model)
DEVELOPMENT TEMPORARILY HALTED - sowwy

Like the Sero 7 Pro? Go to this thread and ask for our own forum and then add this to your signature till we get one.

x000x
Old
Thanks Meter 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerbear294 View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2298328
Later in the thread, somebody said that using copper tilling foil, he was able to replicate the Nexus 7 cooling system, and it substantially dropped temps.

EDIT: Beaten to it.
yep i saw that. i have some thermal tape lying around somewhere. but i'm hoping i can use something beefier than foil. i've never used foil before, so i'm not sure how well foil can adhere to thermal tape.

gberpa
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default Memory Problems

I d/l FIFA 14 soccer a while back and it ran. I have Link2SD with most of my apps linked to a secondary partition on my
32 Gb card. Also, I use FolderMount for apps with large data files and they go to my external card.
When I try to run FIFA, it starts d/l the data and almost immediately I get an error message saying my external card is full.
There is only 9.2 Gb on partition one (of about 26 G) and 1.9 Gb (of about 6 Gb) on the secondary partition.
Attached is my storage into.
Can anyone tell me what might be the issue?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-27-19-56-38.png
Views:	41
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	2825593  

cammykool
Old
Thanks Meter 306
With android L source being dropped for the 2012 n7. Can we do anything with that because of the similarities

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanogen View Post
I mean this with the utmost respect: go eat a bowl of dicks.
Current Phone: Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3

Current Tablet: Hisense Sero 7 Pro

Current MP3 Player:  Apple iPod Touch 3rd Generation 32gb

Current BS Devices:
FreedomPop HTC Evo 4G (no perminant rom as of now)

LG Optimus S (Purple) (CM11 KitKat)

Previous Devices:
LG Optimus V (tvall CM9)
VZW Moto DROID (Kfazz CM10)

jerbear294
Old
Thanks Meter 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by cammykool View Post
With android L source being dropped for the 2012 n7. Can we do anything with that because of the similarities
@randomblame tried, but he apparently gave up. This is paraphrased, it might be off, but he said something along the lines of this-
Quote:
**** it I give up. It was booting, but now it hates me.
It helps that the 2012 N7 source was released though
One of my buddies has a S4 with CM11 4.4.4 on it. If L gets ported I'll rub it in his face and tell him he'll never get L on there if Samsung takes care of the update (Touchwiz'll just overwrite the beautiful L interface )
Current Device: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Android 4.4.2 - AOSP - Build DoPa 1.1

Current Development: CyanogenMod for the Slate 7 Plus, Ubuntu Touch for the Sero 7 Pro (M470BSA/USA Model)
DEVELOPMENT TEMPORARILY HALTED - sowwy

Like the Sero 7 Pro? Go to this thread and ask for our own forum and then add this to your signature till we get one.

x000x
Old
Thanks Meter 114
not really a question but I noticed newegg has the sero pro refurb for $49 a/r
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834738002

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to x000x For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]