Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,098 Members 46,404 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Disable low battery sound

Tip us?

furious78
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default [Q] Disable low battery sound

Does anyone know where the M8 pulls the low battery sound from? With my last phone, I was able to disable this sound by deleting LowBattery.ogg in \system\media\audio\ui but that is not working here. i.e. the file is there, but that's not the one it's using. I've tried searching for other areas where custom ui sounds could be located, but I haven't hit the jackpot.

heather1209
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by furious78 View Post
Does anyone know where the M8 pulls the low battery sound from? With my last phone, I was able to disable this sound by deleting LowBattery.ogg in \system\media\audio\ui but that is not working here. i.e. the file is there, but that's not the one it's using. I've tried searching for other areas where custom ui sounds could be located, but I haven't hit the jackpot.
Hey, did you ever figure this out? I'm trying to get rid of that sound on my M8, too!

furious78
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by heather1209 View Post
Hey, did you ever figure this out? I'm trying to get rid of that sound on my M8, too!
I did not. However, now that I've had the phone a while and don't tinker constantly with settings, running the battery down that far is quite rare for me. I guess it's not an issue for me anymore, but it would still be nice to disable it.

-- Sent from my mobile device --