Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 45,466 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moto G..Root it already.

Tip us?

djscopesofm
Old
Thanks Meter 58
In most cases they'll just look for the splash screen to say the warning message but we all got the logo.bin flashed. Worst case scenario they'll check through fastboot.

On Moto G XT1033
Moto G XT1033 Stock w/ Xposed

jaspreet997
Old
Thanks Meter 106
In Europe you warranties don't get void due to locked Bootloaders? Its true in all case?

mokkami
Old
(Last edited by mokkami; 24th February 2014 at 09:11 AM.)
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspreet997 View Post
In Europe you warranties don't get void due to locked Bootloaders? Its true in all case?
You mean unlocked ^^
If you flash software which will could cause a hardbrick or any other hardware failure then, for my knowledge, your warranty might be gone.
The reseller can only refuse warranty if he can proove that damage is caused by rooting, flashing etc.
Law expects that an failure in between six months must be from the beginning.
But after six months you have to proove that this failure was there from the beginning. This can be very tricky.

Only unlocking bootloader or rooting will not void your warranty in the EU. At least not the one which is given by law.
But the manufacturer warranty, which is an additional service of the company, can be voided.

You can read more in this german article which i have translated using microsoft translator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francehoaq View Post
If warranty is not available then what should i do? thinking..... should i root or not
Nobody can answer that for you. There are advantages and disadvantages doing this.

helppme
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokkami View Post
You mean unlocked ^^
If you flash software which will could cause a hardbrick or any other hardware failure then, for my knowledge, your warranty might be gone.
The reseller can only refuse warranty if he can proove that damage is caused by rooting, flashing etc.
True, unlocking the bootloader will not void your warranty. Damaging your phone while trying root it, 'may' void your warranty if the seller/manufacturer can tell, and can prove you caused the damage

Quote:
Law expects that an failure in between six months must be from the beginning.
But after six months you have to proove that this failure was there from the beginning. This can be very tricky.
Thought I should clarify this. If a problem occurs with the phone in the first 6 months, the responsibility lies with the manufacturer to
a) Repair
b) Replace
c) Refund
d) Prove the problem does not exist.

If a fault occurs AFTER 6 months, but before the end of the manufacturer warranty. The manufacturer must:
a) Repair
b) Replace
c) Refund
BUT the manufacturer is within their rights to ask the customer to 'Prove' the fault exists and that they did not cause the fault through misuse etc. Usually this would require an engineer or technician report. In reality sellers will almost never do this.

Note: In the UK (and maybe rest of europe) the sale of good acts requires items last for a reasonable amount of time (not just the warranty period) this is I believe 6 years.
SO technically you could claim for repair even up to 6 years, however the responsibility will be with the consumer to prove the fault was in design and manufacture and I 'believe' that it occurred in the first 12 months since purchase. (Very hard for a consumer to prove this)..

Quote:
Only unlocking bootloader or rooting will not void your warranty in the EU. At least not the one which is given by law.
But the manufacturer warranty, which is an additional service of the company, can be voided.

Not sure what you mean by 'warranty given by law' vs 'manufacture warranty'. The manufacturer is required to give a limited 12 month warranty on all goods as per the sale of goods act. A lot of manufactures will give an 'Additional' warranty, or a warranty that covers a longer period as standard. Samsung & HTC = 2 years, for example. SO, although they only require to give you 1 year, once you have bought the device, with teh 2 year warranty, you have entered a contract and they must honour the full 2 years...

djscopesofm
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Actually the first 6months is called workmanship warranty. Its unconditional warranty as long as there no blatant damage to the device. If you have tempered with it, then you go into the standard warranty clauses. Which it is then up to the manufacturer to decide weather they will repair it for you. Sometimes at a discounted price when it is in fact your fault. But if you have blatantly damaged your device, you wont be eligible for a warranty. If its software related though, they could give you the benefit of the doubt.

On Moto G XT1033
Moto G XT1033 Stock w/ Xposed

carpasouza
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I got my phone Touch Screen all broken, unlucked the bootloader, rooted, try a little the cm11, and then, a sent it to repair.
Got a new phone even with the warranty avoided.

Just return your phone the original system, you wont have any problem!

From Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil!

vNa5h
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpasouza View Post
I got my phone Touch Screen all broken, unlucked the bootloader, rooted, try a little the cm11, and then, a sent it to repair.
Got a new phone even with the warranty avoided.

Just return your phone the original system, you wont have any problem!

From Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil!
Yes same will be the case for India to I guess..
Even I had rooted my previous phone and sent for warranty.. Of was a different manufacturer though.. Different policies..

Sent from THE motog
Motorola Moto G a.k.a XT1033 a.k.a Falcon
Running Stock KK 4.4.2, Soundmagic PL11 earphones
Quote:
TV Shows / Movies .....I have watched....
Music
...I listen...

vNa5h
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 111
[quote name="Piyush Rawal" post=54210331]I have. I relocked bootloader and sent it to service center and they either didn't check or ignored bootloader status being 2, however, they fixed it under warranty.[/QUOTE]

Time to root I guess..

Tap-a-talked from the MOTOG
Motorola Moto G a.k.a XT1033 a.k.a Falcon
Running Stock KK 4.4.2, Soundmagic PL11 earphones
Quote:
TV Shows / Movies .....I have watched....
Music
...I listen...

randras83
Old
Thanks Meter 38
This is my story : I bought a soft bricked moto g xt1032 the bootloader shows device locked status 0. I've tried many methods to bring it to life without luck. I've got the unlock code from the earlier owner. In the next few days my friend who works in a t mobile service will try to recover the phone if he fails I'll send the phone to RMA. Will see what happens
Phone: Nexus 5
Software number: Stock 4.4.4 with franco kernel
Old phone:
Nexus 4
HTC Sensation XE - keep my eye on it