Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,836 Members 41,887 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ODIN 3.07 can't flash in CWM Recovery Mode in Samsung Galaxy Neo GT-S5310

Tip us?

nadzir
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Sign [Q] ODIN 3.07 can't flash in CWM Recovery Mode in Samsung Galaxy Neo GT-S5310

I'm following step by step process to root my gt-s5310 using ODIN 3.07. Started from download mode and connect to the PC is no problem at all. ODIN finished with the GREEN PASS. When I tried to open recovery mode, only android recovery mode is open(but malfunctioning, going no where when I press the home button) that recovery mode also don't has "install zip from sd card" option.

My android version is 4.1.2 . Baseband version S5310DXAME2. Kernel version 3.0.15-1521875 se.infra@SWDA2309#1

Please help me to solve the issue. Attached is the recovery mode picture
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Optimized-IMG_8186.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	2697506  

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 519

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadzir View Post
I'm following step by step process to root my gt-s5310 using ODIN 3.07. Started from download mode and connect to the PC is no problem at all. ODIN finished with the GREEN PASS. When I tried to open recovery mode, only android recovery mode is open(but malfunctioning, going no where when I press the home button) that recovery mode also don't has "install zip from sd card" option.

My android version is 4.1.2 . Baseband version S5310DXAME2. Kernel version 3.0.15-1521875 se.infra@SWDA2309#1

Please help me to solve the issue. Attached is the recovery mode picture
After the successful flash of the CWM file in Odin, do you let it auto reboot? Many Samsung phones have a built in script that checks to see if the recovery partition has been modified and then reapplies the factory recovery file back to it. Try this: Have the phone in hand with fingers on button combo for recovery (most Samsung phones with physical home buttons are typically Home + Volume Up along with Power, but you won't need to do the ) and when it reboots, hit the combo for recovery and it should boot to CWM, then you'll be able to do a nandroid backup and install the stuff you want. If you want to keep the stock rom and CWM recovery, you'll have to get root access and remove the script.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

guajojo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s View Post
After the successful flash of the CWM file in Odin, do you let it auto reboot? Many Samsung phones have a built in script that checks to see if the recovery partition has been modified and then reapplies the factory recovery file back to it. Try this: Have the phone in hand with fingers on button combo for recovery (most Samsung phones with physical home buttons are typically Home + Volume Up along with Power, but you won't need to do the ) and when it reboots, hit the combo for recovery and it should boot to CWM, then you'll be able to do a nandroid backup and install the stuff you want. If you want to keep the stock rom and CWM recovery, you'll have to get root access and remove the script.
i cant believe this actually worked!! thank you so much i was about to give up on rooting my gt-s5310

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 519

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by guajojo View Post
i cant believe this actually worked!! thank you so much i was about to give up on rooting my gt-s5310
I believe it.

Glad all is well. Hope you enjoy!
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)

Willlldo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Where I can find it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s View Post
Where I can find that script to remove it?

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 519

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willlldo View Post
Where I can find that script to remove it?
/system/etc/install-recovery.sh

Auh
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Still can't make it.

I face the same problem . can you explain how to hit the button correctly ? because i don't understand how to do it. I already follow the step of installing CWM on my gt-s5310. I already install it completely. Every time i hit volume up + home + power button it still enter android recovery mode.. Not CWM. Please help me sir..