Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,883 Members 41,351 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE]Change boot animation easily - Xperia M/M dual

Tip us?

DanDare_77
Old
(Last edited by VECTUS; 1st June 2014 at 01:24 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Lightbulb [GUIDE]Change boot animation easily - Xperia M/M dual

Hello there,

I'm kinda new to XDA forums.. Not sure if this thread is on right place? Or if it contain relevant information that is worth enough to populate subjects in here. After all admins can just delete this then I will know.

It's easy to change the default bootup animation. This procedure will not change the "Sony" splash screen though, just the "Xperia" inital screen and the following animation:

1- Go to /system/media and download "bootanimation.zip"
2- Extract files on computer. You will see some folders. Inside folders search for the JPEG images of the animation and the "Xperia" splash screen. Tweak images there and put any JPEG you want 9must be same size. You can delete images as to make a shorter animation. I didn't tested placing more frames though, so not sure if it will work.
3- Now comes the trick: Zip all the files again to the new bootanimation.zip but using compression method "store". It will not work using standard or other compression methods.
4- Upload new bootanimation.zip back to /system/media

That's. Enjoy your new boot animation

Minions_Army
Old
Thanks Meter 154
this thread must be in general
The Following User Says Thank You to Minions_Army For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ansebovi
Old
Thanks Meter 794
its more easy to create...see here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1678540
MODEL-Xperia M Dual C2005

My second sign below

Sanju M D
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Post Change Boot Animation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDare_77 View Post
Hello there,

I'm kinda new to XDA forums.. Not sure if this thread is on right place? Or if it contain relevant information that is worth enough to populate subjects in here. After all admins can just delete this then I will know.

It's easy to change the default bootup animation. This procedure will not change the "Sony" splash screen though, just the "Xperia" inital screen and the following animation:

1- Go to /system/media and download "bootanimation.zip"
2- Extract files on computer. You will see some folders. Inside folders search for the JPEG images of the animation and the "Xperia" splash screen. Tweak images there and put any JPEG you want 9must be same size. You can delete images as to make a shorter animation. I didn't tested placing more frames though, so not sure if it will work.
3- Now comes the trick: Zip all the files again to the new bootanimation.zip but using compression method "store". It will not work using standard or other compression methods.
4- Upload new bootanimation.zip back to /system/media

That's. Enjoy your new boot animation

Hello Sir...
1. (zip but using compression method "store) What is it means? Zip using other compressor... How to Compress...?
2. if i Modify the images and also the Xperia Splash JPEG, and again compressed and place the original directory , it will work or not... i mean it will brick my phone ??? or switch on my cell with out Animation??
3 . Any chance to Brick My phone?
PLzz... HElp....