Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,083 Members 50,281 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[q] stuck in bootloop sprint ls980 please help!!!!

Tip us?

Nba2kgod
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sshaffer1992 View Post
Yes my phone turns on but doesnt stay on for long it will freeze and reboot i noticed my imei and baseband are unknown. Any idea what can be causeing that to happen? Could it cause the phone to reboot like it is? I am back on stock firmware again,. I did try debugging but still no luck, i was even luck enough to root it again before it rebooted but still didnt help.
That suck bro I'm facing the same issue right now hope you got it repaired if so feel free to share the process lol

Sshaffer1992
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nba2kgod View Post
That suck bro I'm facing the same issue right now hope you got it repaired if so feel free to share the process lol
I eneded up restoreing my phone back to stock and took it into my local sprint store it cost ne 75 dollars to replace the phone not under warranty (if u have sprint protection its free) i told them i took and ota update and it started rebooting itself. If you do get a replacement make sure u back up your efs files to a safe place on your phone. Theses files can become corrupted by flashing roms and kernals.

gonk24
Old
Thanks Meter 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sshaffer1992 View Post
I eneded up restoreing my phone back to stock and took it into my local sprint store it cost ne 75 dollars to replace the phone not under warranty (if u have sprint protection its free) i told them i took and ota update and it started rebooting itself. If you do get a replacement make sure u back up your efs files to a safe place on your phone. Theses files can become corrupted by flashing roms and kernals.
Not under warranty? Doesn't it have a 1 year manufacturer warranty? The G2 wasn't released on Sprint until November last year so it should have been covered.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Sshaffer1992
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yes its still under manufacturer warranty but when i made a repair order with lg it said it would take 2 to 3 weeks to get my phone back and if they found out it was due to being rooted and flashing roms im sure lg would of charged a arm a leg to repair it. With sprint i got a new phone in 2 days or ordering it.