Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[q] stuck in bootloop sprint ls980 please help!!!!

OP Sshaffer1992

8th July 2014, 09:04 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sshaffer1992

Yes my phone turns on but doesnt stay on for long it will freeze and reboot i noticed my imei and baseband are unknown. Any idea what can be causeing that to happen? Could it cause the phone to reboot like it is? I am back on stock firmware again,. I did try debugging but still no luck, i was even luck enough to root it again before it rebooted but still didnt help.

That suck bro I'm facing the same issue right now hope you got it repaired if so feel free to share the process lol
16th July 2014, 11:15 PM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nba2kgod

That suck bro I'm facing the same issue right now hope you got it repaired if so feel free to share the process lol

I eneded up restoreing my phone back to stock and took it into my local sprint store it cost ne 75 dollars to replace the phone not under warranty (if u have sprint protection its free) i told them i took and ota update and it started rebooting itself. If you do get a replacement make sure u back up your efs files to a safe place on your phone. Theses files can become corrupted by flashing roms and kernals.
17th July 2014, 05:13 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 153

461 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sshaffer1992

I eneded up restoreing my phone back to stock and took it into my local sprint store it cost ne 75 dollars to replace the phone not under warranty (if u have sprint protection its free) i told them i took and ota update and it started rebooting itself. If you do get a replacement make sure u back up your efs files to a safe place on your phone. Theses files can become corrupted by flashing roms and kernals.

Not under warranty? Doesn't it have a 1 year manufacturer warranty? The G2 wasn't released on Sprint until November last year so it should have been covered.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
17th July 2014, 07:20 PM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

14 posts
Yes its still under manufacturer warranty but when i made a repair order with lg it said it would take 2 to 3 weeks to get my phone back and if they found out it was due to being rooted and flashing roms im sure lg would of charged a arm a leg to repair it. With sprint i got a new phone in 2 days or ordering it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread