Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,145 Members 42,012 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ODIN][TAR] I545VRUFNC5 Factory and No-Wipe Odin tars

Tip us?

joshm.1219
Old
Thanks Meter 1172
Quote:
Originally Posted by richieroro View Post
Thanks joshm! So I shouldn't have to install any more modules or wifi fixes after doing this full wipe ODIN, Towelroot, and Safestrap?
Whenever you flash a Rom with safestrap you''re supposed to flash the modules that match your boot loader, nc5 in your case. Should be able to find those in the safestrap thread. The WiFi fix seems to user dependent, if you need it you can find it in most of gigilie's threads.
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2848/11738368925_6e7dbef510_o.png
  • CARRIER: Verizon
  • PHONE: Samsung S4
  • CASE: Otterbox Defender modded to fit Anker 7800mah battery
  • BOOTLOADER: MDK, loki bypass
  • RECOVERY: TWRP 2.7.x
  • KERNEL: Ktoonsez with Project Icarus profile and Hydra script
  • ROM: Eclipse TW 4.4
  • LAUNCHER & MODS: Google Now launcher with XGEL settings, GravityBox, Heads Up notifications, & Android L navbar

aircooledbusses
Old
Thanks Meter 115
Alright, I know this is not the help/question/noob thread, but I'm I'm a pickle. Redirect me if you must. Verizon s4 that was on nc5 baseband-i don't know the bootloader, but it was 4.4.2 if that helps. Rooted with towel root and twrp through too manager. Yeah, I know that's where the problem came from. So now the phone is (hopefully) in a soft brick state stuck in down load or Odin mode. Odin recognizes the phone. I don't care to keep DAT or retain root, I just was it to function. Is the nc5 full wipe with the pit my correct next step? Thank you in advance, razz me if you must, I deserve it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
sgh i747 Pwn's latest kernel
GT-I9070 Vanir
Nexus 7 Carbon ROM Glitched
ADR6300 Touch of Blue
Nexus S handed down to my son
sgh i500 Parandroid -handed down

us my referral code for COPY please 5gig bonus for you and me!
https://copy.com?r=iBySZk

Paramemetic
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Am I right in understanding that the "no-wipe" in this means it won't wipe my data/apps/etc.?

I'd like to go from the pre-rooted NC5 to a stock NC5 but I don't really want to deal with app data since I have some that are counters and databases and such for daily practices and so on.
Tags
4.4.2, factory tar, kies, odin, sch-i545