(kernel) (kk 4.4.2) (p605) permissive stock kernel

22nd June 2014, 04:15 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Milano
Thanks Meter: 43

148 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mame82

Damn, found my usb otg Adapter, same here. Think Paragon NTFS would do the trick even without this kernel option.
Thanks for testing.

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

Okay works with:
mount -t ntfs /dev/lock/sdb1 /storage/UsbDriveA is working.
Need to figure out how to mount rw (ntfs-3g doesn't work). But I gave a compile option for NTFS-writing. Need to dig into later.

good work. looking forward to testing your progress. one thing is absolutely to explore in relation with the custom kernel capabilities: charging current sensitivity.
the perseus custom kernel for note 2 was able to bypass this restriction (limiting the recharging current with some poor connection cables-due to voltage drops) boosting the recharging current to 1.8 mA. Currently on the note10.1 I'm not able to go above 1.1 mA during the recharge even with the original 5.3V power supplly.
It should be possible to do the trick also here I suppose (and hope).
challange is there....[emoji6]

Inviato dal mio SM-P605 utilizzando Tapatalk
Last edited by ziotom2; 22nd June 2014 at 04:18 PM.
22nd June 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 9

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziotom2

good work. looking forward to testing your progress. one thing is absolutely to explore in relation with the custom kernel capabilities: charging current sensitivity.
the perseus custom kernel for note 2 was able to bypass this restriction (limiting the recharging current with some poor connection cables-due to voltage drops) boosting the recharging current to 1.8 mA. Currently on the note10.1 I'm not able to go above 1.1 mA during the recharge even with the original 5.3V power supplly.
It should be possible to do the trick also here I suppose (and hope).
challange is there....[emoji6]

Inviato dal mio SM-P605 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reviewed the NTFS-write option: only rewriting files, without size Change, no delete, no new files --> I think no one needs that. I won't take any effort into getting ntfs-3g compiled to arm (runnable via fuse) because Paragon NTFS already does the job.

I've looked into compile Options belonging to the charging topic:
- there are drivers for chargers and QPNP Regulators - but this goes far beyond my scope, because I'm neither a Linux-dev nor a driver dev
- via the regulators, I seems there are fine-tunable boosts
- I don't have any specs on max. charging values of the sm-p605 battery, but found out the following with Battery Monitor Widget (stock Charge with max 2000mA Output)
1) average charging values (battery below 70%) is about 24%/hour (8220mAh * 0,24/h = 1972mA) --> nearly max. supplied
2) I don't know what happens beyond 80 - 90% charge, but the values have to get smaller, otherwise the battery got's in danger and
loading percentage could only be measured via current voltage, so you have to cut-off early enough (last 10-20% should take longer)
3) i used a charger from Galaxy S2 with 700mA out, which only delivered around 120 mA, not good, but the wires are in bad condition
--> so in my opinion it's a problem of good hardware (chargers) and you defenitly have to know how much the battery can handle max before using bigger chargers
22nd June 2014, 08:52 PM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Milano
Thanks Meter: 43

148 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mame82

Reviewed the NTFS-write option: only rewriting files, without size Change, no delete, no new files --> I think no one needs that. I won't take any effort into getting ntfs-3g compiled to arm (runnable via fuse) because Paragon NTFS already does the job.

I've looked into compile Options belonging to the charging topic:
- there are drivers for chargers and QPNP Regulators - but this goes far beyond my scope, because I'm neither a Linux-dev nor a driver dev
- via the regulators, I seems there are fine-tunable boosts
- I don't have any specs on max. charging values of the sm-p605 battery, but found out the following with Battery Monitor Widget (stock Charge with max 2000mA Output)
1) average charging values (battery below 70%) is about 24%/hour (8220mAh * 0,24/h = 1972mA) --> nearly max. supplied
2) I don't know what happens beyond 80 - 90% charge, but the values have to get smaller, otherwise the battery got's in danger and
loading percentage could only be measured via current voltage, so you have to cut-off early enough (last 10-20% should take longer)
3) i used a charger from Galaxy S2 with 700mA out, which only delivered around 120 mA, not good, but the wires are in bad condition
--> so in my opinion it's a problem of good hardware (chargers) and you defenitly have to know how much the battery can handle max before using bigger chargers

thx for your valuable contribution!
24th June 2014, 06:49 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 13

74 posts
Does it support HK NE3 firmware?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
15th July 2014, 07:52 AM   |  #15  
Flag Sevilla
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
More
Does it support HK NF2 firmware?
16th July 2014, 10:08 PM   |  #16  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 134

268 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaureguigon

Does it support HK NF2 firmware?

Yes, it boots, SEandroid disabled, forgets all previous saved WiFi networks. Don't tried further (restored from backup). Waiting for a proper NF2 (latest) kernel.

EDIT: P605XXUCNE2 is the only (open)source available. As long as WiFi is working (confirmed - saw some WiFi networks there...) mame82 & his magic are only choices for now to get a good custom kernel for P605. Thanks!
Last edited by freaksamael; 16th July 2014 at 10:23 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to freaksamael For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th July 2014, 10:20 PM   |  #17  
Flag Sevilla
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freaksamael

Yes, it boots, SEandroid disabled, forgets all previous saved WiFi networks. Don't tried further (restored from backup). Waiting for a proper NF2 (latest) kernel.

Thanks friend.
16th July 2014, 10:40 PM   |  #18  
Flag Bucharest

268 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaureguigon

Thanks friend.

You can try it. Have a backup before. It boots, seems (very) OK. Flashed with Odin 3.09, files goes to AP section. Also set ro.securestorage.support from true to false in /system/build.prop if WiFi passwords don't get remembered. Also Wanam exposed module have a "Disable SEandroid" in Security Hacks, is in beta, not working on P605 KK (default kernel is compiled with default.prop config file made by Samsung).

PS: @ziotom2: This thread should be in "Original Android Development", shouldn't it? Better visibility?
17th July 2014, 12:32 PM   |  #19  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,303

1,628 posts
Donate to Me
More
This thread was afaik moved from there to general. Cause this is no real development.
The Following User Says Thank You to hanspampel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th July 2014, 06:37 PM   |  #20  
Flag Bucharest

268 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanspampel

This thread was afaik moved from there to general. Cause this is no real development.

Well, with built-in init.d, some better schedulers & governors and Knox removed will have it's place there. And in your custom ROM

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) General by ThreadRank