Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,000 Members 47,175 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

TowelRoot for Htc one m7

Tip us?

OtherOtie
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by beoxify View Post
Its fine :P and Firewater isnt a temproot, it's an S-OFF for Sense 5.5. The temproot i'm referring to is TowelRoot (which this thread is originally about).

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2783157

just install and tap Welcome to TowelRoot V3 3 times and change the last number that appears in the text box from a 0 to 1
Ok, thank you. So, once I get the temproot with TowelRoot, how do I get permanent root?

That's probably a super noob question. Also, what's the downside of not getting S-OFF? Actually, what's the relationship between rooting and S-off?

russjr08
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtherOtie View Post
Ok, thank you. So, once I get the temproot with TowelRoot, how do I get permanent root?

That's probably a super noob question. Also, what's the downside of not getting S-OFF? Actually, what's the relationship between rooting and S-off?
I don't think you can currently obtain a permanent root, just a temp one.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

beoxify
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtherOtie View Post

Ya kant get permaroot atm, and not having S-OFF or an unlocked bootloader means you can't install a custom recovery which means no custom roms for us today. and to be honest i dont feel like explaining the relationship.

shadokreeper
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by beoxify View Post
Ya kant get permaroot atm, and not having S-OFF or an unlocked bootloader means you can't install a custom recovery which means no custom roms for us today. and to be honest i dont feel like explaining the relationship.
When i had my htc rezound, i could get permanent root and unlock my bootloader and I was on S-ON. The only problem was that when I installed a custom recovery, it would show "Tampered" on the bootloader screen. But my guess was from unlocking the bootloader. With S-OFF I believe you wouldn't get that "Tampered" message for warranty purposes. So my guess is that it's the same for the ONE?

Uzephi
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 376

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadokreeper View Post
When i had my htc rezound, i could get permanent root and unlock my bootloader and I was on S-ON. The only problem was that when I installed a custom recovery, it would show "Tampered" on the bootloader screen. But my guess was from unlocking the bootloader. With S-OFF I believe you wouldn't get that "Tampered" message for warranty purposes. So my guess is that it's the same for the ONE?
You only get "tampered" flag when you flash a custom recovery while s-on unlocked. With s-off you will not trip that flag.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app

cruel91
Old
Thanks Meter 31
For guys who have working temp root with TowelRoot, could you please confirm that the apk you downloaded is tr3.apk (not tr.apk) and reupload it here pls. I still cannot get the temp root working with the current TowelRoot v3 apk on website. I believe there are some differences

goatmale
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I was able to get towelroot to say it was working, however I wasn't able to get busybox installed or the superuser app working.

What's the point of temp root? I am assuming this just allows another app like Sunshine, Rumrunner, Firewater, moonshine, etc to unlock the bootloader, and S-OFF with another exploit? Since no of those are working in 4.4.2 / sense 6.0 this isn't much more then hope at this point.