Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,042 Members 47,235 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RECOVERY][GT-i9500]CWM 6.0.4.8 *everything works* UPDATED

Tip us?

alvin14
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayfeather787 View Post
What baseband does the dd command work for? Does it work for MF3?

It's not baseband specific, works with any baseband as long as your device is the GT-I9500

Sent from my iPhone 5

:::A GOOD DEV HAS MORE THANKS THAN POST:::
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alvin14 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jayfeather787
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvin14 View Post
It's not baseband specific, works with any baseband as long as your device is the GT-I9500

Sent from my iPhone 5
Thank you very much for the reply.
However, i did something very stupid. I flashed the recovery only to realize that the phone was not the i9500, but the i9505. Now, I cannot get any recovery on the phone. The phone is not bricked, and is rooted. It does not run normally, as there is no lock screen, no shut down menu (it simply shuts down if I hold the power button), and a little box pops up in the middle of the homescreen that says factory information. I have done a factory reset in the recovery, and tried to use RomManager to install the recovery, but nothing seems to work. I think that I could just flash the samsung firmware, and it would be okay, but I want to figure out how to replace the original mmcblk0p10. If you or anyone could find me the original mmcblk0p10 file then I would be very thankful.

alvin14
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayfeather787 View Post
Thank you very much for the reply.
However, i did something very stupid. I flashed the recovery only to realize that the phone was not the i9500, but the i9505. Now, I cannot get any recovery on the phone. The phone is not bricked, and is rooted. It does not run normally, as there is no lock screen, no shut down menu (it simply shuts down if I hold the power button), and a little box pops up in the middle of the homescreen that says factory information. I have done a factory reset in the recovery, and tried to use RomManager to install the recovery, but nothing seems to work. I think that I could just flash the samsung firmware, and it would be okay, but I want to figure out how to replace the original mmcblk0p10. If you or anyone could find me the original mmcblk0p10 file then I would be very thankful.
Try TWRP recovery from the play store app. Can you still access your recovery?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ft.twrpmanager
Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

:::A GOOD DEV HAS MORE THANKS THAN POST:::

CrAzYoNi
Old
Thanks Meter 4
How can I compile it to tar to support this installation via Odin?

waranty92
Old
(Last edited by waranty92; 7th July 2014 at 10:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
After backuping system with this recovery, I tried a custom rom (CyanogenMod 11) which was working without problem and restored with same recovery, my system does not start i get only massage that play store crushed, right after that , shazam has stopped, and many apps are crushing at the same time, when I press ok the other app crush and i cant get into system, i tried to flash stock firmware and it was working perfectly too, restoring the backup I did first system again behaves as i described above

All I need is to backup my google authenticator,

JT Vinishan
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Hellow all...
I need stock recovery please ...

dibartolodroid
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Vinishan View Post
Hellow all...
I need stock recovery please ...
Here you go : https://mega.co.nz/#!qAEzTIwS!mbqers...UI738shXkS2OEE
I hope it will help you. Tell me.

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9500 avec Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to dibartolodroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]