Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,985 Members 53,895 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC One hboot 1.57 s-off?

Tip us?

TheWear0497
Old
Thanks Meter 0
can help me please?
have Developer Edition
modelid: PN0712000
cid: BS_US001 cid please

akshayy29
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxas21 View Post
Hey, I recently bought a used HTC One, I am new to android and I read something about hboots. Everyone says that hboot 1.55 is supported and is most likely the lastest, but what should I do if my hboot is 1.57... The HTC One is clearly purchased from 3, was also locked to it. newest software and everything. Tried fireburn and htcdev.com methods, none of them worked. with htcdev.com method, I come as far as I am supposed to choose yes or no in my phone, but the problem is that nothing comes up, it stays at power+vol down mode. Can anyone help? I want to flash a custom rom and a kernel, also root. Don't judge me as a bad tech, I am into tech, but that hboot is kinda confusing as my only android device was samsung galaxy mini and now I came to HTC One, it's kinda difficult to get to know.
http://www.usoftphone.com/t200367.html try this ! I have no idea of it works !

yungwoogie
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Have there been any updates?

Hi All, not a complaint at all, but just hoping that someone somewhere is still looking at this...

I have a Canadian Telus HTC One (M7) with HBoot 1.57. The only changes from stock are: unlocked bootloader (from HTCDev) and i put CWM recovery on there.

Firewater (which seems to be one of the more reliable ways of achieving s-off) gives me the "Whelp that sucks" message... dead end.

I downloaded Sunshine in hopes of achieving s-off, and that too says that i have an incompatible rom... also dead end

I really like this phone but I really hate the sense ui and was hoping to get the google edition on there (with OTAs).
... sadly, im getting the feeling that the m7 is a 'legacy' device and not many people are still actively trying to solve these types of problem.

Thanks!

P.S. In the event that I cannot get s-off and the GE with OTA, any suggestions on a lightweight, vanilla google-like rom for the m7 that preserves things like beats audio and still optimizes the camera?

KriBKriB
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I guess i was one of the lucky ones with hardware where Firewater works.

Got S-OFF on 1.57 HBOOT on HTC One M7 by doing the following

Installed CWM as recovery
Flashed cm-11-20140714-NIGHTLY-m7.zip
Ran Firewater, it gave the "somebody pissed in the firewater" message the first run.
Then I ran Rumrunner, but it failed completely.
Then I ran Firewater again and it succeeded after the seconed bottle.

PS: I did an ADB Reboot between all steps.