Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,741 Members 47,369 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Slickwraps for the Galaxy S5

Tip us?

cjohnny
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I picked this up during Mother's Day promo for $17.87. I chose Slickwraps over other cover because of their design, color choices and that minimalism feel to it. My thought was, this should work nicely with the Samsung wireless charging cover (pending). I have installed the side and front stickers (for a lack of a better word) and saving the back for the wireless cover.

For me, I find the install some what difficult. You have to align the pre-cut holes for the volume button, power, phone jack..etc exactly for each of the pieces. I had to readjust it couple of times and thought I got everything right but the last piece over lapped just so. Same holds true for the piece that covers the front. I tried to re-align it properly but afraid I might rip it (see previous post above with screen shot). The package also includes a glass protective film (nice touch). However, If you try to fit that in, and the previous step is not done EXACTLY, it will overlap and create bubbles/gaps. Fitting a rectangle protective film onto rectangle cut, at least for me can be challenging. Without this glass protective film, when you slide your fingers across the screen, your finger will catch against the edges. Speaking of edges, this does not protect the silver edges around the phone. Lastly, using the included ear bud, every so often the jack comes out just enough that you can't hear sound/music anymore.

Needless to say, I am returning mine for a refund.

supervan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
If there's another round, I'd be interested.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

KenIzz
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickwraps View Post
Hello Everyone,

We're looking for Beta Testers to test our Galaxy S5 Slickwraps.

We just released these and are looking for honest reviewers/feedback

If interested just comment in the thread. I'm selecting 10 this first round of testing starting this week.

If you do have any questions please don't hesitate to DM or Reply to the Thread.

Thank You!
Weston
Slickwraps
Are there any plans to do some wraps for the the S5 with the wireless charging back?
The Following User Says Thank You to KenIzz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jaimeletelierhay
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Hey @weston, just picked up my S5 after having my HTC one M8 slickwrapped I would love to see what you can do with the s5. More than happy to test some skins!!

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Tags
galaxy, galaxy s5, review, slickwraps