Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,562 Members 53,861 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

G2's Logcat errors " Reading a NULL string not supported here"

Tip us?

GTMoraes
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 128
Default G2's Logcat errors " Reading a NULL string not supported here"

Hey, I'm facing this "problem". Idk if it's a big issue, but if I set logcat to show only errors, this message keeps being displayed on the console,
Quote:
01-02 14:26:11.182 E/Parcel (374): Reading a NULL string not supported here.
01-02 14:26:11.182 E/Parcel (374): Reading a NULL string not supported here.
01-02 14:26:14.992 E/Parcel (374): Reading a NULL string not supported here.
01-02 14:26:14.992 E/Parcel (374): Reading a NULL string not supported here.
01-02 14:26:18.212 E/Parcel (374): Reading a NULL string not supported here.
01-02 14:26:18.212 E/Parcel (374): Reading a NULL string not supported here.
01-02 14:26:20.762 E/Parcel (374): Reading a NULL string not supported here.
01-02 14:26:20.762 E/Parcel (374): Reading a NULL string not supported here.
It keeps repeating that. Battery life is sub-optimal (100% to 20% in 10hrs with light usage. The battery menu shows everything normally, but percentages sums does not reach 100%, if that matters.)

My brother's G2 lasts 3x the time mine does, with considerably higher usage.

What can be wrong here?

Tapatalked thru my LG G2 D805

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTMoraes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by anuraj1 View Post
I think we're all just frustrated with the lack of information. My F5 key is worn out and my finger is worn out from mashing it.
lol i just realized F5 reloads the page
how did you manage to register here
----
Nexus 7 FLO ~~~~ SlimKat 4.4.2 + Faux123 Kernel Broken screen! Waiting for the replacement from china
LG G2 D805 ~~~~~ CloudyG3 + dozens of Xposed modules!

AymanDev
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Hey, I'm facing this "problem". Idk if it's a big issue, but if I set logcat to show only errors, this message keeps being displayed on the console,

It keeps repeating that. Battery life is sub-optimal (100% to 20% in 10hrs with light usage. The battery menu shows everything normally, but percentages sums does not reach 100%, if that matters.)

My brother's G2 lasts 3x the time mine does, with considerably higher usage.

What can be wrong here?

Tapatalked thru my LG G2 D805
Did you ever solve this issue. I seem to see the same messages on my logcat and am experiencing poor battery life.

francyesco
Old
Thanks Meter 15
bump

GreenDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by francyesco View Post
bump
Same here. Bump

BizzyIzDizzy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Logcat problem

I have the same issue on my G2. Running Android 4.4.2 stock.

mtcellph
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I am also getting this error and I cannot figure out what is causing it. I searched google and the only result with this thread. I have a feeling that if more people checked their logcat they would find this error as well and the more people that chime in the better chance we have at finding a common cause of this problem and fix it so I am posting here to bump this conversation again so more people can see it and possibly help find the cause and a possible solution as this seems to be a problem that is pretty specific to this phone and a possible reason or cause for performance issue.

For anyone that does stumble upon this thread and wants to check out their log to see if they have this error, but not really sure how, you can install a free app from the playstore called CatLog which will show you the contents of your system log in a very easy to view and color coded manner. here is the playstore link for those of you who don't want to search for it.

Let's get to the bottom of this,
MTCellph

1ceb0x
Old
Thanks Meter 5,089

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtcellph View Post
I am also getting this error and I cannot figure out what is causing it. I searched google and the only result with this thread. I have a feeling that if more people checked their logcat they would find this error as well and the more people that chime in the better chance we have at finding a common cause of this problem and fix it so I am posting here to bump this conversation again so more people can see it and possibly help find the cause and a possible solution as this seems to be a problem that is pretty specific to this phone and a possible reason or cause for performance issue.

For anyone that does stumble upon this thread and wants to check out their log to see if they have this error, but not really sure how, you can install a free app from the playstore called CatLog which will show you the contents of your system log in a very easy to view and color coded manner. here is the playstore link for those of you who don't want to search for it.

Let's get to the bottom of this,
MTCellph
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=3282

My past projects

HTC Hero GSM!
SHPONGLE / HeroICS 4.0.3 / BEASTsense

HTC One V GSM!
SHPONGLE
PARANOID ANDROID

LG G2
B14CKB1RD™ inside | LiquidSmooth™ 4.4

Nexus 4
hellscore™ inside | MahdiROM™

Like my work for the community? Feel free to make a donation

GTMoraes
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 128
I never found the solution to this. I've looked everywhere, but as long as it doesn't bring the phone to its knees, people doesn't complain.
The G2 battery is huge, and even if this bug, or "bug", is actually draining battery, most of the people can make the day away with it, so there's not much attention to it.

But I bet it somehow affects the system, as everything uses processing time, and processing time translates in speed and battery usage.
I don't quite know what can be done, and should be done, but there might be somehting in need for a code fix or something. Just needs some developer attention.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by anuraj1 View Post
I think we're all just frustrated with the lack of information. My F5 key is worn out and my finger is worn out from mashing it.
lol i just realized F5 reloads the page
how did you manage to register here
----
Nexus 7 FLO ~~~~ SlimKat 4.4.2 + Faux123 Kernel Broken screen! Waiting for the replacement from china
LG G2 D805 ~~~~~ CloudyG3 + dozens of Xposed modules!

ilie321
Old
(Last edited by ilie321; 18th July 2014 at 08:12 PM.)
Thanks Meter 255
Same null string here and 10h usage only

Edit the process is system bin cnd. I dont know what is doing but i changed its name and reboot. I got no errors yet and ligcat is clear now

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app