Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,053 Members 46,243 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][WIP][Android 4.4.3] CyanogenMod 11 with CAF 3.4.0 kernel [June 15, 2014]

Tip us?

cclaxx
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sultanxda View Post
Good news, CAF kernel was too hard, so I tried making a new 3.4 kernel again using SebastianFM's 3.4.10 kernel as a base: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=4626
ONLY 3 pages of commits on your githHub, lol ! thank you sultan, i hope it's the right way

gauravmajithia
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sultanxda View Post
Good news, CAF kernel was too hard, so I tried making a new 3.4 kernel again using SebastianFM's 3.4.10 kernel as a base: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=4626
I am a little confused now... I am on the 15th June ROM of this thread. Can i dirty flash the new sebastianFM's version which you made?

Sent from my HTC Sensation
Gaurav Majithia

Current Device: HTC Sensation XE
Current Rom: SultanXDa's - 17th FEB
Kernel: Built in ROM kernel
BackUp Rom: Old version of

Steffenstr
Old
(Last edited by Steffenstr; 7th July 2014 at 07:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravmajithia View Post
I am a little confused now... I am on the 15th June ROM of this thread. Can i dirty flash the new sebastianFM's version which you made?

I have done that, but I have a big battery drain from google services. Dont know what it is. It was fine with the previous kernel.

Edit: apperantly its the system update service that is keeping the phone awake all the time.
Phone: HTC Sensation Z710A | S-OFF | Universal Firmware 3.33 |
ROM: CM11 3.4 SultanXDA
Kernel: Stock
Recovery: 4EXT Touch v1.0.0.6 RC2
Accessories: Anker 1900 mAh | Sandisk 64 GB Class 10

Phone history: Nokia 3310 - Siemens MC60 - Sony Ericsson K610i - iPhone 2G - HTC Sensation

willy1521
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravmajithia View Post

Me too...in doubt I've installed 4.4.4 ROM with new kernel!

real_sl4cker
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffenstr View Post
I have done that, but I have a big battery drain from google services. Dont know what it is. It was fine with the previous kernel.

Edit: apperantly its the system update service that is keeping the phone awake all the time.
I had this issue, too. I used the app "Disable Service" to disable update service and the wakelock is gone. I prefer updating play services via PA play service updater anyway to keep my data partition as clean as possible.

Swyped from my HTC Sensation via Tapatalk
Phone: HTC Sensation S-OFF via JuopunutBear, Rooted | Recovery: 4EXT | ROM: CM 11 / Kernel 3.0 by sultanxda | DPI: 220
Tablet: HP Touchpad | Recovery: PhilZ_CWM-jcs-dm-tenderloin | ROM: CM 11 by jcsullins | DPI: 140

martix90
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Hi, I had a problem with this Rom. The battery charges extremely slow. Even when I have the sensation plugged in the whole night, it only has 85 percent in the morning. I installed the other Rom (4.4.4 with the new 3.4 kernel) but I have now the same problem. I saw that the play services were very battery consuming, but this slow charge was extreme...
Anybody else with this problem?

tomohe
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I had been having massive battery drain due to Google Services the last few days (was there an update?).

Blocked Services and Google Search with App Ops from waking or keeping the phone awake and now the battery life is AMAZING. Everything still seems to work smoothly (getting hangouts messages, emails, etc) and the ROM is flying, as it always has.

WnG88
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomohe View Post
I had been having massive battery drain due to Google Services the last few days (was there an update?).

Blocked Services and Google Search with App Ops from waking or keeping the phone awake and now the battery life is AMAZING. Everything still seems to work smoothly (getting hangouts messages, emails, etc) and the ROM is flying, as it always has.
Which services? Framework or play?

Sent from my Sensation using XDA Free mobile app
Nook Tablet
Cyanogen Mod 10
CWM: 6.0.2.7

HTC Sensation z710a (Sensation 4G)
Bootloader: Revolutionary
HBOOT: 1.27.1111 S-OFF
Recovery: 4EXT Touch v1.0.0.5 RC9
Firmware: 3.33.401.106 SuperCID
Baseband: 11.76A.3504.00U_11.24A.3504.31_M
Battery: 1900 mAh Anker