Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,130 Members 52,858 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from sparky b: Ultimate customization...your rom, your way...AllianceROM.....v1.1 online

[ROM][4.4.2] AllianceROM I9505 4.4.2 XXUFNC9 v1.1

Tip us?
 
heblu
Old
#241  
heblu's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 280
Posts: 913
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bucharest
Quote:
Originally Posted by RErick View Post
You sound pleased with yourself for irritating people who do this for free. Do us a favor and find someone else to disrespect. ROM Customizer is part of what makes alliance so cool. It integrates OTA functionality with the ability to flash live and has root browser and app installer for both system and user apps.
So yes, you can choose what you want from here and from life.
But just like every ungrateful whiny user out there, to me you're just another leach sucking off the teat of society
I said thank you and you say that I am ungrateful whiny )))
Good joke man

My truth is: I JUST DON'T LIKE rom customizer (like many others), and I am not afraid to say it.
Another leach sucking )) Another good one. This rom is for free man ) But you know what they say:
I am what I am, now what you want me to be in order for you to avoid yourself....
I am sorry that my questions bothers you, bro. It was not my intention over here
Actually I did try this rom, which means I was interested, and also I did leave a feedback
Also I have pressed Thanks button for the OP, even when he told me that he has a job and a life...

Offending me FOR NO REASON is your sadness. Let's keep it this way, cos I did not ask for your opinion about me, I asked about rom base

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by txr33 View Post
Rom customizer is used for install so you can select theme or bloatware. Why is that wierd because alliance roms are the only ones that use it.

As for hundreds of hours, yes we have spent that much time on this project and unlike other roms out there that I could put together in an hour, all our mods are hard coded in and took time to implement and give users this level of customisation.

For international roms, there really isnt a need to update to every single base that gets released because most the time its only very minor or just carrier related changes if that, but people dont seem to understand that it isnt necessary to constantly update and have a mindset that it must be better cause its a different build name

Galaxy S5 AllianceROM
Thanks for your explanation. My logic, and others is simple:
If it works just flushing the rom, why use a third party app? This is normal, we all want simple and functional stuff
I understand that you spent many hours for this stuff, but you have to accept it, not arguing with me. It's a bit weird
Sorry, but this is how I see things
Why so serious son?
 
RErick
Old
#242  
RErick's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4466
Posts: 2,914
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fort Collins, CO

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by heblu View Post

Thanks for your explanation. My logic, and others is simple:
If it works just flushing the rom, why use a third party app? This is normal, we all want simple and functional stuff
I understand that you spent many hours for this stuff, but you have to accept it, not arguing with me. It's a bit weird
Sorry, but this is how I see things
Well... Its not a 3rd party app. Its an Alliance App.
Sign up to copy.com here for free and receive an extra free 5GB storage. That's 20GB free!

Everyone Needs To Read This
 
Goldie
Old
#243  
Goldie's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 15834
Posts: 7,607
Join Date: Oct 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by heblu View Post
My logic, and others is simple:
If it works just flushing the rom, why use a third party app? This is normal, we all want simple and functional stuff
I understand that you spent many hours for this stuff, but you have to accept it, not arguing with me. It's a bit weird
Sorry, but this is how I see things
Firstly you are speaking for yourself so please don't keep saying "and others".

Secondly I'm betting you wouldn't have a problem if it was aroma installer. That is an application to install but it runs in recovery. The app is used to give users choice before flashing. If you can't understand that or it goes against your "logic" then I would question your presence on xda as logically speaking it makes perfect sense.

Lastly you really shouldn't question the time spent on this project. You question hundreds of hours... I personally have probably put in over a thousand and that's airing on the low side. 4 hours a night two hundred days a year for 2 years at least. Combine that with the other guys and you are looking at thousands not hundreds. So to question hundreds the answer is yes.... And the rest.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
If you think its worth it......you could buy me a beer
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goldie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
heblu
Old
#244  
heblu's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 280
Posts: 913
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bucharest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
Firstly you are speaking for yourself so please don't keep saying "and others".

Secondly I'm betting you wouldn't have a problem if it was aroma installer. That is an application to install but it runs in recovery. The app is used to give users choice before flashing. If you can't understand that or it goes against your "logic" then I would question your presence on xda as logically speaking it makes perfect sense.

Lastly you really shouldn't question the time spent on this project. You question hundreds of hours... I personally have probably put in over a thousand and that's airing on the low side. 4 hours a night two hundred days a year for 2 years at least. Combine that with the other guys and you are looking at thousands not hundreds. So to question hundreds the answer is yes.... And the rest.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
I say and others coz I read posts over here. So yes, many have complained.
Aroma installer does not change your recovery. Mostly It does the same, yes, but it seems to be more user friendly. This is the reason that is included in half roms around
I did not question your time spent on this. As your colleague, you put words on my mouth. I said Thanks for your time, and also I said that I am sure that you spent many hours on this, please read my posts again!
I say again, thanks for your time, and please do not judge me for not like something, it's my right!!!

I do not wish to continue on this topic, sorry again that my opinion bothers you
Good luck on this project!
Why so serious son?
 
Goldie
Old
#245  
Goldie's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 15834
Posts: 7,607
Join Date: Oct 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Lol... I don't know how you class more user friendly as booting to recovery and going through screen after screen as opposed to pressing install... Choosing your zip and ticking some boxes. I see you are bothered about recovery being replaced and say that aroma doesn't do that. Neither does rom customizer. It's nothing to do with the app and if people read the OP that would be no surprise.

Many haven't complained. I think you underestimate the number of users Alliance has. Being unsure of something and asking questions isn't complaining. I can count on one hand how many people actually complained about it. You are in the huge minority and I am sorry if that fact bothers you

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
If you think its worth it......you could buy me a beer
The Following User Says Thank You to Goldie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes