[ROM][GT-I9305][KitKat][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 Official

Search This thread

cheffy11

Jan 16, 2013
Warwick
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Has anyone trouble with charging battery when the phone is off??? My phone show the battery with the circle and then freeze, only when remove the battery the phone came back to normal, but no charge at all. I flashed the last CM11 Nightly 15072014. I have a back up, with the previous version I didnt have this bug/ problem. Thks. Please Help
I've found this bug with a lot of aosp/cm/omni based roms. Not a big problem just turn phone on and charge ;)

mzKas

Aug 18, 2012
Queluz
Can someone confirm this is 4.4.4? Because the screenshot in op says 4.4

Sent from my GT-I9305 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
It is 4.4.4
eba9u2eg.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mv101

kouss77550

Jun 21, 2012
Has anyone trouble with charging battery when the phone is off??? My phone show the battery with the circle and then freeze, only when remove the battery the phone came back to normal, but no charge at all. I flashed the last CM11 Nightly 15072014. I have a back up, with the previous version I didnt have this bug/ problem. Thks. Please Help
Same here

machotecba

Apr 9, 2012
Cordoba
I've found this bug with a lot of aosp/cm/omni based roms. Not a big problem just turn phone on and charge ;)
Thks for the tip. but I dont want to charge the phone on. Because the battery doesnt charge well as when the phone is off. I hope, some upgrade give a solution to this bug. Archidorid, has the same issue.... so, back to the oficial now....

paul_cad44

Oct 12, 2009

!crazy

Dec 16, 2011
LG G6
Xiaomi Poco F3
Well there is 198 pages...
Yeah but there is a search function and the question repeats every third page.
In a short, there is no enough development power (developers or developer's time.), and it is anyway not so important because M doesn't mean what most of people think it means. M doesn't mean bug free and stable, it means they try to focus on already present bugs, stop new code/feature merges, and in the this doesn't helps at all, because of lot of reasons. Like bugs are fixed in upstream, and upstream doesn't care if you have freezes the Branche, and just like M will import fixes, so will nightlies, together with new code, which can bring cool stuff + more or less bugs (which don't have to hit you at all.).

I hope I helped a bit at least. If not, it is not my fault... Maybe ?

psychok9

May 15, 2013
No problem mate, I kinda fixed all the issues flashing this mod:
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/themes-apps/17-fixed-camera-app-lib-cm-aosp-roms-t2505973
It didn't work for me last time I tried but worked for me yesterday and video quality is much better, couldn't see any difference in quality compared to stock rom camera, besides the audio that is a bit lower, but other than that everything's good! Cheers!

Only for i9300, no i9305 version :(

Mumraa

Nov 8, 2012
Hello people I am totally new to cyanogen. I just installed/flashed cyanogen from a nightly of course on my i9305 and gapps . After spending hours trying to do the wiki one I realised I could copy it to my sd card in windows and took a few minutes - bah!

Anyway my question is : I have a had a fair few crashes so far but only in things like the theme chooser (com.andriod.systemui has stopped) and play store not anything yet in actual downloaded apps which is nice. But I am unsure if I have done anything wrong or this is normal for nightly installs - wish I could get a M build or something :( . Anyway love some of the changes and features...

public3n3my

Jan 5, 2014
MountVille
Charging while phone is off issue, Is it solve? Sorry for my stupid question since I don't have good internet to download an update right now to test.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using XDA Free mobile app

public3n3my

Jan 5, 2014
MountVille
It is not. I have seen this problem reproduce on all AOSP roms that I have tried on both my I9505 and I9305.

That's bad isn't it. Because I'm always traveling with public transport and my phone always died. And it suck when the phone is in the tight complicated cover coz you need to remove the battery before you can turn on your phone after a few minutes of charging.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using XDA Free mobile app

Mumraa

Nov 8, 2012
That's why I use zero lemon battery :p yes it's fat but you get used to it pretty quickly and I quiet like it now. Just need to iron out my more annoying bugs with cyanogen :( . my latest one is videos won't record to my SD card... Fine on internal and photos work to SD card... Didn't realise the nightlies were still this buggy want to stick with it though :eek: ...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

We'll not support users and answer questions from users which:
    - are running a custom kernel
    - have flashed mods
    - modified system files
    - didn't follow our instructions word by word
    - are unfriendly

Even if you tell us that your problem is not related to your custom kernel /mod / magic => WE DON'T CARE!
    Your mod => your problem!

Please post general comments and questions in the Q&A thread started by FAdrums.

Send me more if you have them.....

Screenshot_2013-11-13-12-06-46.png

Official CyanogenMod Wiki: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/I9305_Info

REPORTING BUGS AND FAULTS

As CM do not accept fault reports for nightly builds in JIRA, please use the unofficial i9305 Mantis bug tracker.

You need to be registered to report issues, but YOU CANNOT REGISTER manually.
    To have your account set up, please PM @h8Aramex (or myself @mcampbellsmith if h8Aramex is busy/not responding) with your email and desired username.
    You will choose your password once you click the URL in the email you will receive.

As always, please attach logs to all faults, or they will not be looked at and very likely closed!

First time installing CyanogenMod 11.0 to your Galaxy S3 I9305, or coming from another ROM:
    - Read known issues ans FAQs
    - Flash one of the recovery images (CWM or TWRP) below SEE BELOW
    - Copy GApps and CM11.0 ZIPs to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM11.0 zip from SDCard
    - Flash GApps zip from SDCard
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
    - Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 11.0:
    - Copy CM11.0 ZIP to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM11.0 zip from SDCard
    - Reboot

Official builds
    http://get.cm/

Google Apps:
    http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps
    http://goo.im/gapps/

Radio:
    It is recommended that you update to the radio image. These can be found in this thread.

This radio works nicely: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d2ljv1ylvr9nvib/Ay-Kft6vTn/XXUEMKC modem.zip

Recoveries:

How to flash recoveries?
    Heimdall Flash Tool: http://www.glassechidna.com.au/products/heimdall/
    Mobile ODIN: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1347899

If using Mobile ODIN, make sure the recovery image is named recovery.img.

Chat:
    http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=teamhacksung-support
    irc.freenode.net #teamhacksung-support

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock cm-kernel
    - have installed any mods
    - have modified system files

If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
    Open-Source doesn't mean Out-of-Respect!!!
    Nightlies

Official nightlies are coming ... :good:

Keep an eye on http://get.cm/?device=i9305
    Maintainers!

Hi Guys,

As many of you have noted, I've been absent for ages. Sorry about that!

I thought I should let you know that I'll be upgrading my device and so my i9305 will be left in a drawer from now on. I will not be developing any future ROMS for this device.

It has been fun and I hope you have enjoyed it. I really hope someone is able to step up and take over maintenance of the i9305 and bring some Lollipop love to you all!
    I've updated the first post to include both TWRP and CWM recovery images in flashable zip file format to make it easier to flash the recovery images
    cm-11-20131120-UNOFFICIAL-i9305.zip - 180.74 MB

New build with new mali drivers in the kernel and new mali blobs. Let me know if anything improves in graphics performance.

This is taken from the i9300-update12