Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,239 Members 48,971 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[App] S Tools+ , CPU frequency,Sensors,Color Picker

Tip us?

dimm0k
Old
Thanks Meter 35
pretty dope/nifty little app. can anyone verify the accuracy of the compass? looking for a compass replacement

MunkinDrunky
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimm0k View Post
pretty dope/nifty little app. can anyone verify the accuracy of the compass? looking for a compass replacement
hmm never tried until now. It's pretty damn good. Got out a compass I trust. I've used it for navigating with only map and compass in backcountry. Make sure phone is parallel to surface of the ground and should do great. Now for my phones sensor, and by comparison with the real deal, it looks like up to one degree error is all I get.
Current XDA level: Make searches all by myself; not great at original knowledge.

SCH-I605 (Verizon Note II)
Current Rom: N3BULA 3.9
Kernel: AGNi pureSTOCK
SM-P600 (Note 10.1 2014)
Current Rom: ★★xKat v3.0★★
Kernel:
The Following User Says Thank You to MunkinDrunky For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dimm0k
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkinDrunky View Post
hmm never tried until now. It's pretty damn good. Got out a compass I trust. I've used it for navigating with only map and compass in backcountry. Make sure phone is parallel to surface of the ground and should do great. Now for my phones sensor, and by comparison with the real deal, it looks like up to one degree error is all I get.
sweet! thanks for that confirmation! looks like the old app I had was totally off then. this one pegs me at NE while my old app pegged me at NW!

naman14
Old
(Last edited by naman14; 14th March 2014 at 06:51 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62
I have also tested the compass accuracy myself and I can say that its quite accurate.
The Following User Says Thank You to naman14 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

naman14
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62
Anyone here have the app installed on a low resolution non KitKat device? Please can you post some screenshots of how app is looking? I have heard some issues with margins and layouts overlapping.Thanks

naman14
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62
Any one on android L can test the app if it works fine?