Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 51,818 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[mod]Volume mod[max & mild volume][Kitkat only!]

Tip us?

micmars
Old
Thanks Meter 8834
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerOnOne View Post
It should once you install the drivers, it will bypass my mod until you Uninstall vipers drivers.
Thanks for providing additional options, by the way. Very nice.

The mod that you have provided would work in conjunction with viper4android, there is no bypassing of mods.

The installation of viper4android and its drivers together work to increase the audio quality of the device after boot, and after the alteration of the raw volume baseline applied by these mods.

The changing of volume levels via the mixer paths adjustments serve to increase the raw output of the speakers, irrespective of any other sound enhancements one may or may not install.

Installing viper4android either sits on the device's original or altered baseline. So, as noted, these mods will impact viper4android at boot. As to the level of distortion, that'll depend on the variant one chooses.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
"...dismiss whatever insults your own soul." - Whitman
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them." - Louis CK

doubledragon5
Old
Thanks Meter 165
I always choose max with this mod and never have a issue. Great mod once again.

The Following User Says Thank You to doubledragon5 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

micmars
Old
Thanks Meter 8834
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledragon5 View Post
I always choose max with this mod and never have a issue. Great mod once again.

I concur.

Having choices is always a good thing.

Every user is different in terms of what works for him or her.

The community providing more options benefits all.

The Following User Says Thank You to micmars For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GamerOnOne
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by micmars View Post
Thanks for providing additional options, by the way. Very nice.

The mod that you have provided would work in conjunction with viper4android, there is no bypassing of mods.

The installation of viper4android and its drivers together work to increase the audio quality of the device after boot, and after the alteration of the raw volume baseline applied by these mods.

The changing of volume levels via the mixer paths adjustments serve to increase the raw output of the speakers, irrespective of any other sound enhancements one may or may not install.

Installing viper4android either sits on the device's original or altered baseline. So, as noted, these mods will impact viper4android at boot. As to the level of distortion, that'll depend on the variant one chooses.

See, I noticed when I install viper and drivers the volume went lower.

In the XML file vipers controls had its own settings that I didn't mod.

So, I just thought it used those values instead of my modded values.
Plus with the app I was never able to get the high volume (just went back to stock sounding) that I get with my mod.

But, probably your right. It probably does boost my boost, but I didn't notices a change at all.

Like viper installs its own settings in the xml file under dsp setting.

<<<--Thanks Junkie----To The Left--Hit it--
The Following User Says Thank You to GamerOnOne For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

micmars
Old
(Last edited by micmars; 26th June 2014 at 12:11 PM.)
Thanks Meter 8834
Quote:
See, I noticed when I install viper and drivers the volume went lower.

In the XML file vipers controls had its own settings that I didn't mod.

So, I just thought it used those values instead of my modded values.
Plus with the app I was never able to get the high volume (just went back to stock sounding) that I get with my mod.

But, probably your right. It probably does boost my boost, but I didn't notices a change at all.

Like viper installs its own settings in the xml file under dsp setting.
Viper installs itself, with its adjoining driver, providing the necessary tools to amplify both the quality and decibel level coming from the external speaker, headphones, Bluetooth and HDMI audio outputs.

It must be enabled and its plethora of settings attuned to your particular listening tastes.

It does not, to my knowledge, touch xml files.

After installing the drivers, the setup can be easy or quite complicated. The choices are vast and discrete.

Its impact on battery drain can be dampened to some extent with build.prop edits.

From expert mode ui, your setup for just the external speaker can look like this...

With the above settings, my external speaker is quite loud; unfortunately for me, when combined with any of the mixer path options provided here yield some amount of distortion.

The Following User Says Thank You to micmars For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GamerOnOne
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by micmars View Post
Viper installs itself, with its adjoining driver, providing the necessary tools to amplify both the quality and decibel level coming from the external speaker, headphones, Bluetooth and HDMI audio outputs.

It must be enabled and its plethora of settings attuned to your particular listening tastes.

It does not, to my knowledge, touch xml files.

After installing the drivers, the setup can be easy or quite complicated. The choices are vast and discrete.

Its impact on battery drain can be dampened to some extent with build.prop edits.

From expert mode ui, your setup for just the external speaker can look like this...

With the above settings, my external speaker is quite loud; unfortunately for me, when combined with any of the mixer path options provided here yield some amount of distortion.

Ahhh I gotcha ya.
With viper I just could never get the ear piece to sound louder, thats honestly why I made the mods in the first place.

doubledragon5
Old
Thanks Meter 165
Quote:
Ahhh I gotcha ya.
With viper I just could never get the ear piece to sound louder, thats honestly why I made the mods in the first place.
I like your mod. No need to set up anything just flash and go.

GamerOnOne
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledragon5 View Post
I like your mod. No need to set up anything just flash and go.
Thank you, hit my thanks button please

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GamerOnOne For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tcizzi
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Great mod. Thanks a bunch!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to tcizzi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GamerOnOne
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcizzi View Post
Great mod. Thanks a bunch!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
No problem!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GamerOnOne For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
note 3 sound boost, sprint note 3 volume boost, volume boost