Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,174 Members 36,173 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Audio out of sync - certain applications

Tip us?

xeoph
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Audio out of sync - certain applications

Basically I just purchased this LG G2 (D801) and out of the box I noticed the audio wasn't in sync for any games I have (I'm using worms as my test) and netflix while the youtube app is fine. Any of the games I've tested the audio is out of sync and I have quite a few from the humble bundles.

I rooted my phone yesterday thanks to one of the senior members who posted instructions for rooting 4.4.2 (since my phone came updated). I ended up installing the latest stable Cyanogenmod which is 10.2 (4.3). The audio issues still persist. I also have a friend with a sprint version of the phone and he also has this audio issue now - his phone updated to 4.4.2 yesterday, I don't know what it was prior. He is not rooted and had no desire to root but now since Sprint pushed out this update he is also looking for a solution.

Has anyone else experienced this and/or have a possible solution to this issue?

Thanks!

xeoph
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I guess more to add:

My friend got back to me and his wife has a G2 that is on 4.2.2 still (which is what he came from) and she also has this audio sync issue. He says his streaming Plex videos are fine even up to 1080p while other applications (like netflix or games) are out of sync.

horangeh
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the same issue. Netflix sound lags a fraction of a second so the lips do not match the sound I hear from the speaker. It's not a speed issue - my other phone ZTE Awe works fine with Netflix streaming over the same WiFi network with the same speeds. My phone is the ATT model (D800).