Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,742 Members 37,838 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How compatible is the Verizon Samsung S5 with AT&T / T-Mobile?

Tip us?

LastDeuS
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorales5922 View Post
I have an S5 and I'm using it on T-Mobile without any issues.. However, when I get a picture message it retrieves it as a a group message.

Does anyone know how to work around this? So I can receive mms in the standard thread

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Yeah I have that same problem with mms and I'm using Straight Talk but my biggest concern is:

When someone calls me I cannot reply calls directly from recent calls if it is not on my contacts list
cuz it would redirect the call to verizon and give some "international calling error"

Do someone knows something about this????

bsweetness
Old
Thanks Meter 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastDeuS View Post
Yeah I have that same problem with mms and I'm using Straight Talk but my biggest concern is:

When someone calls me I cannot reply calls directly from recent calls if it is not on my contacts list
cuz it would redirect the call to verizon and give some "international calling error"

Do someone knows something about this????
Try this:

Open up the phone app and go to Menu - Settings - Call. Scroll down to the bottom to "Assisted dialing." Turn it off and see if that helps.
Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014), iPad Mini

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: Note 8, Nexus 7, TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, TF101, Thrive, gTablet

LastDeuS
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
Try this:

Open up the phone app and go to Menu - Settings - Call. Scroll down to the bottom to "Assisted dialing." Turn it off and see if that helps.
Yes tried that already with no luck so I'm using app Prefixer till I find a permanent solution
thanks anyways

HitoB
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastDeuS View Post
Yes tried that already with no luck so I'm using app Prefixer till I find a permanent solution
thanks anyways
Did you find a permanent fix? I am having exact same issue. Can you share your prefixer code that fixed the issue for you?

trevorcobb
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I am able to successfully use my VZ Galaxy Note 3 and my wife uses her VZ Galaxy S5, both devices on T-mobile Edge, HSPA, HSPA+ (21mbps), and LTE (band 4) frequencies. These devices unfortunately will not do DC-HSPA+ (42mbps), but that's not a big deal for us because LTE coverage is good where we live. We have no issues with making voice calls, or sending SMS/MMS, and don't have to switch APN's or toggle between Global Mode or GSM/UMTS mode. We leave them on Global Mode with the correct APN settings.

Here's the guide I followed for both (with correct APN settings screenshots to accommodate for MMS on page 4 or 5 i believe):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2582747

Has anyone figured out a way to get T-mobile's version of ISIS or T-mobile Wifi calling working on VZ devices yet?