Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

FireTv and LightPack.TV kit?

23rd June 2014, 08:09 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I'm at the same point...trying to replace my raspberry pi with this (firetv is blazing fast), but need to get my lightpack working.

Does anyone have any idea where the source code for the android app is? I can't find it anywhere

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

I have some information for us!!

From a google group (I can't paste links yet, search for Lightpack Android affected google plus)

It is a group of android users who are trying to get lightpack working better on their android machines.

From FireTV wikipedia:

The device runs "Mojito," version 3.0 of the Android-based Fire OS which is compatible with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.

From the google group:

Current version has the following limitations:
- Device should have Android API level between 14 and 17. That means Prismatik is broken for JB MR2 (4.2.2) and higher. High priority for this issue.

---------------------------------
is there any time estimate when higher version of android might be fully supported?
Well, rought(sp) estimation - within week or two. (June 17th, 6 days ago).

So that's good news!
25th June 2014, 05:01 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 6

52 posts
I don't think that is the case here.

To test light pack I connected to my Moto X and installed the prismatik app. The phone does not have root, but Prismatik managed to detect and activate lightpack lights as well as I could control them.

The problem may be related to screen capturing, but we are not there yet. We need to make prismatik detect Lightpack first.

I'll keep investigating here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meistaiwan

I'm at the same point...trying to replace my raspberry pi with this (firetv is blazing fast), but need to get my lightpack working.

Does anyone have any idea where the source code for the android app is? I can't find it anywhere

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

I have some information for us!!

From a google group (I can't paste links yet, search for Lightpack Android affected google plus)

It is a group of android users who are trying to get lightpack working better on their android machines.

From FireTV wikipedia:

The device runs "Mojito," version 3.0 of the Android-based Fire OS which is compatible with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.

From the google group:

Current version has the following limitations:
- Device should have Android API level between 14 and 17. That means Prismatik is broken for JB MR2 (4.2.2) and higher. High priority for this issue.

is there any time estimate when higher version of android might be fully supported?
Well, rought(sp) estimation - within week or two. (June 17th, 6 days ago).

So that's good news!

25th June 2014, 11:46 AM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Alexey Roslyakov is saying he is coming up with an update that may fix some screen capture issues on some devices soon...hopefully
25th June 2014, 12:49 PM   |  #24  
OP Senior Member
Flag Athens, GA
Thanks Meter: 5

160 posts
More
I'm under the imoression it has nothing to do with screen capture. The issue is that the app isnt detecting the hardware. I think FireTV (as shared in the links I posted early on) doesn't enable usb access in any way and the hacks can make the hardware visible to us but not to the operating system.... in my humble opinion.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk
3rd July 2014, 12:26 AM   |  #25  
OP Senior Member
Flag Athens, GA

160 posts
More
Bump bump

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk
18th July 2014, 09:19 PM   |  #26  
OP Senior Member
Flag Athens, GA

160 posts
More
So... No progress on My end. Any one find success here?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread