Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more
Post Reply

[Q&A] galaxy s4 camera

10th April 2014, 07:55 PM   |  #1  
jamiethemac's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag market weighton
Thanks Meter: 11
 
107 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Just a quick one, the camera on the stock s4 takes 13mp photos at 16:9 size, but all the custom ROMs I've tried can only take photos in 16:9 if they are taken at 6mp, any higher and picture is letterboxed on the left and right.

Anyone know why, or what I can do about it?

Sent from my i9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
10th April 2014, 10:11 PM   |  #2  
qtwrk's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 810
 
2,496 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
I thought 13 mp takes picture at 4:3
11th April 2014, 07:09 PM   |  #3  
jamiethemac's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag market weighton
Thanks Meter: 11
 
107 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtwrk

I thought 13 mp takes picture at 4:3

That's what I'm finding with all the ROMs I've flashed, but a stock Galaxy S4 takes 13mp at 16:9, I was wondering if there was any way I could get the same results on a custom ROM.
11th April 2014, 08:28 PM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Umm, you sure about 13 mp 16:9?
Here's screenshot from mine:
http://i.imgur.com/dzLgGoa.png

Stock ROM.
11th April 2014, 08:47 PM   |  #5  
qtwrk's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 810
 
2,496 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiethemac

That's what I'm finding with all the ROMs I've flashed, but a stock Galaxy S4 takes 13mp at 16:9, I was wondering if there was any way I could get the same results on a custom ROM.

i don't think so ...

according to Antutu about the hardware information

4128 x 3096 = 12.8 Mega Pixels , right.

obviously, 4128 - 3096 = 1032 , fine

4128/1032 = 4 and 3096/1032 = 3 , so ... in 12.8 MP , the picture should be 4:3

stock ROM and stock camera , if you don't change default setting , the picture is taking at 4128 x 2322 at 9.6 Mega Pixels
The Following User Says Thank You to qtwrk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th April 2014, 10:32 PM   |  #6  
qtwrk's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 810
 
2,496 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Which is 16:9, unfortunately, as far as I know, nothing you can do to alternate mathematical laws
12th April 2014, 01:27 PM   |  #7  
jamiethemac's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag market weighton
Thanks Meter: 11
 
107 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Ok, thanks anyway

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th July 2014, 09:39 PM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiethemac

Just a quick one, the camera on the stock s4 takes 13mp photos at 16:9 size, but all the custom ROMs I've tried can only take photos in 16:9 if they are taken at 6mp, any higher and picture is letterboxed on the left and right.

Anyone know why, or what I can do about it?

Sent from my i9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Stock Rom will take 13MP at 4:3 and 9.6 MP at 16:9 Format and that is due LCD and Hardware configuration
So u have wrong information about 13MP at 16:9 format

Regards
Last edited by Formingus; 18th July 2014 at 09:46 PM.
18th July 2014, 10:28 PM   |  #9  
ongbac's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
123 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by braien334

Umm, you sure about 13 mp 16:9?
Here's screenshot from mine:
http://i.imgur.com/dzLgGoa.png

Stock ROM.

Hi, whats the font you're using?

Thanks

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy S 4 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank