Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,126 Members 42,291 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't Update SU Binary on Note 3???

Tip us?
 
drewcam888
Old
#11  
drewcam888's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 1,230
Join Date: Dec 2008
Any further suggestions from anyone?
Verizon - Note 3, Nexus, and One M8
 
K03WL3R
Old
#12  
K03WL3R's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 130
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
Any further suggestions from anyone?
Download the flashable zip of supersu. Then instead of flashing, go to the Commons folder inside it and extract the apk. Install it and then run it from app drawer.
 
jinh0o
Old
#13  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by K03WL3R View Post
Download the flashable zip of supersu. Then instead of flashing, go to the Commons folder inside it and extract the apk. Install it and then run it from app drawer.
This just prompts SU binary update and fails.

I managed to download safestrap and have the su zip in my downloads, but dont knwo where to go from here.
I also don't use anything but stock ROM, won't I trip KNOX by flashing my stock?

First time rooting so I probably shouldn't play around with things alone. Thanks
 
K03WL3R
Old
#14  
K03WL3R's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 130
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinh0o View Post
This just prompts SU binary update and fails.

I managed to download safestrap and have the su zip in my downloads, but dont knwo where to go from here.
I also don't use anything but stock ROM, won't I trip KNOX by flashing my stock?

First time rooting so I probably shouldn't play around with things alone. Thanks
No you won't trip knox flashing is safe in safestrap!
 
jinh0o
Old
#15  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by K03WL3R View Post
No you won't trip knox flashing is safe in safestrap!

Still not downloading the binary. Now I can't even uninstall it through drawer, did the flash make it a system app?

I think I should've uninstalled it before the flash.
 
K03WL3R
Old
#16  
K03WL3R's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 130
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinh0o View Post
Still not downloading the binary. Now I can't even uninstall it through drawer, did the flash make it a system app?

I think I should've uninstalled it before the flash.
It might've, sorry but I'm not clear on what I did..(I think I just flashed a rom) Just go to system/app and see if it's there. Delete it and reflash.

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

And here is the version of superSU from when towel root first came out. http://download.chainfire.eu/447/Sup...SU-v1.99r4.zip
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes