Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,095 Members 41,121 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Post your battery life!

Tip us?
 
peRFect!
Old
#81  
peRFect!'s Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
Posts: 293
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: India
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr4zy.b0y View Post
how it's possible to have such a big difference? did you do any tweaks? hope it will get better after KK will arrive and a factory reset
Likewise I also get 7+ hrs SOT with 30 hrs total usage.
What apps have u installed? And do u have GPS/NFC switched on for long intervals of time?

PHONES-
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo (running Stock 4.3)
Samsung Galaxy S2 (running Spirit Rom)
TABLET-
Apple iPad Air (running iDumb 7 )
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 3G (running Stock 4.1.2 rooted)
 
peRFect!
Old
#82  
peRFect!'s Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
Posts: 293
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: India
Quote:
Originally Posted by filthykid View Post
We r getting 7 to 8 hours of battery life (SOT) with almost the same kind of usage as yours. At least I do.

Sent from my SM-N7505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Buddy, I don't know how the screen is on top of battery usage for many people. My battery consumed by screen is never more than 15%, usually close to 10-12%. What's ur opinion?

PHONES-
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo (running Stock 4.3)
Samsung Galaxy S2 (running Spirit Rom)
TABLET-
Apple iPad Air (running iDumb 7 )
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 3G (running Stock 4.1.2 rooted)
 
cr4zy.b0y
Old
#83  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 67
Posts: 491
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bucharest RO / Wels AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by peRFect! View Post
Likewise I also get 7+ hrs SOT with 30 hrs total usage.
What apps have u installed? And do u have GPS/NFC switched on for long intervals of time?

Have only couple of apps - WhatsApp Facebook xda - and few others. I uninstalled viber because I don't use it anymore.

I never keep GPS NFC BLUE TOOTH and wifi on when I don't use it. I also disabled some apps. I don't wanna root it , not yet
Sent from my SM-N7505 using XDA Free mobile app
Current Devices:
-> Samsung Note 3 Neo
-> Asus TF300T WW - CROMIX POWERED and Nokia Lumia 720 - sold
-> 5 years old baby - MSI EX300X - Core2Duo P7350 , ATI HD3450
-> ASUS G750JX - Core i7, 8 GB RAM, GTX 770m 3GB
Retired: Nokia 3310, Nokia 3100, Sony-Ericsson K750i and C905, HTC Blackstone HD, Samsung i9000
 
peRFect!
Old
#84  
peRFect!'s Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
Posts: 293
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: India
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr4zy.b0y View Post
Have only couple of apps - WhatsApp Facebook xda - and few others. I uninstalled viber because I don't use it anymore.

I never keep GPS NFC BLUE TOOTH and wifi on when I don't use it. I also disabled some apps. I don't wanna root it , not yet
Sent from my SM-N7505 using XDA Free mobile app
even my phone is not rooted. just disabled bloatware which i didn't want and I'm getting great battery life!
I've installed quite a few apps but I use the web version (mobile) of Facebook cos it is a battery killer IMO. U have push sync switched on?

PHONES-
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo (running Stock 4.3)
Samsung Galaxy S2 (running Spirit Rom)
TABLET-
Apple iPad Air (running iDumb 7 )
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 3G (running Stock 4.1.2 rooted)
 
cr4zy.b0y
Old
#85  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 67
Posts: 491
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bucharest RO / Wels AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by peRFect! View Post
even my phone is not rooted. just disabled bloatware which i didn't want and I'm getting great battery life!
I've installed quite a few apps but I use the web version (mobile) of Facebook cos it is a battery killer IMO. U have push sync switched on?
Yes I think so. At least Gmail and Facebook messenger. I was looking for some settings to disable push and set up a periodical check of emails but no luck. What's you exact configuration ?

Sent from my SM-N7505 using XDA Free mobile app
Current Devices:
-> Samsung Note 3 Neo
-> Asus TF300T WW - CROMIX POWERED and Nokia Lumia 720 - sold
-> 5 years old baby - MSI EX300X - Core2Duo P7350 , ATI HD3450
-> ASUS G750JX - Core i7, 8 GB RAM, GTX 770m 3GB
Retired: Nokia 3310, Nokia 3100, Sony-Ericsson K750i and C905, HTC Blackstone HD, Samsung i9000
 
Gintu
Old
#86  
Gintu's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 196
Posts: 331
Join Date: Jan 2013
12 hrs for diehard usage
DERPESH
 
peRFect!
Old
#87  
peRFect!'s Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
Posts: 293
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: India
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr4zy.b0y View Post
Yes I think so. At least Gmail and Facebook messenger. I was looking for some settings to disable push and set up a periodical check of emails but no luck. What's you exact configuration ?

Sent from my SM-N7505 using XDA Free mobile app
Gmail doesn't have sync in intervals, so nothing u can do about it!
And the battery killer is the one & only FB messenger, best app to kill your battery ! :P

My configuration - ~50 downloaded apps, bloat disabled (except a few in built apps I do use), push sync off, whatsapp, 15% brightness most of the time & auto brightness when outdoors, WiFi/3G always on (except when sleeping).
My main battery hogs is the background are whatsapp, m-indicator & other google play services I think so!
I use mobile web version of FB.

PHONES-
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo (running Stock 4.3)
Samsung Galaxy S2 (running Spirit Rom)
TABLET-
Apple iPad Air (running iDumb 7 )
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 3G (running Stock 4.1.2 rooted)
 
peRFect!
Old
#88  
peRFect!'s Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
Posts: 293
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: India
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintu View Post
12 hrs for diehard usage
With 12 hrs usage we'll consistently get 9 hrs SOT !

PHONES-
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo (running Stock 4.3)
Samsung Galaxy S2 (running Spirit Rom)
TABLET-
Apple iPad Air (running iDumb 7 )
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 3G (running Stock 4.1.2 rooted)

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes