Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,428 Members 46,859 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bell Rogers Telus SIM UNLOCK ?

Tip us?
 
muniz_ri
Old
#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 887
Posts: 694
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony77777 View Post
Odin 3.07 using pda & Rogers 4.2.2 (2013 April 337MVLUAMDJ) from sammobile on Rogers 4.3.





What firmware did you start with? Re-flash that firmware to get back to stock and get your phone working again.
 
Anthony77777
Old
(Last edited by Anthony77777; 22nd January 2014 at 06:37 PM.)
#12  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default tandcia the

Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
What firmware did you start with? Re-flash that firmware to get back to stock and get your phone working again.
I started with I337MVLUEMK6 (Rogers 4.3). I was able to successfully restore with that firmware with oden.

So it seems i337m doesn't downgrade on 4.3. Is there a way I can flash the modem to get access to the menu ?
It's all about umts secret menu access.
 
Gage_Hero
Old
#13  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 188
Posts: 1,134
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony77777 View Post
I started with I337MVLUEMK6 (Rogers 4.3). I was able to successfully restore with that firmware with oden.

So it seems i337m don't downgrade. Is there a way I can flash the modem to get access to the menu ?
It's all about umts secret menu access.
There are lots of kiosks in malls that will do it for around $20.... unless you are actually trying to kill the phone... (kidding)
Telus Galaxy S4 - Stock 4.3 to
[ROM] Maple leaf iBASTiD if ya aint tried it.... you should... Go Canada... Go iBASTiD......
 
muniz_ri
Old
#14  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 887
Posts: 694
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony77777 View Post
I started with I337MVLUEMK6 (Rogers 4.3). I was able to successfully restore with that firmware with oden.

So it seems i337m doesn't downgrade on 4.3. Is there a way I can flash the modem to get access to the menu ?
It's all about umts secret menu access.

It appears the Canadian models also have locked bootloaders which prevent you from downgrading the entire firmware.

I saw the MG1 4.2 modem in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2324667

Once you flash that it should give you access to the hidden menu. You can then re-flash the MK6 modem after you unlock (also in the above thread).
 
traitimmapu
Old
#15  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jun 2012
I have fido on 4.3 stock I337MVLUEMK6 rom. I tried to downgrade it to I337MVLUAMDJ using the Rogers (http://stockroms.net/file/GalaxyS4//SGH-I337M) to get the hidden service menu. I was able to get it downgrade and show the baseband and build version to : I337MVLUAMDJ using ODIN 3.09 and access the service menu(http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2285431) to go through the steps and unlock the phone. However I got the invalid sim error and also the phone wifi and sound doesn't work

Any ideas how to get it work on the I337MVLUAMDJ firmware?

Thank
 
azuziel
Old
#16  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 71
Posts: 250
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
It appears the Canadian models also have locked bootloaders which prevent you from downgrading the entire firmware.

I saw the MG1 4.2 modem in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2324667

Once you flash that it should give you access to the hidden menu. You can then re-flash the MK6 modem after you unlock (also in the above thread).
Canadian models do not have locked bootloaders. even knox doesnt lock it. which is why we can run custom recoveries and kernels. will trip knox, but it is *not* locked bootloader. I337m = unlocked

Sent from my SGH-I337M
 
veryluckyguy
Old
(Last edited by veryluckyguy; 22nd July 2014 at 06:35 AM.)
#17  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 54
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by traitimmapu View Post
I have fido on 4.3 stock I337MVLUEMK6 rom. I tried to downgrade it to I337MVLUAMDJ using the Rogers (http://stockroms.net/file/GalaxyS4//SGH-I337M) to get the hidden service menu. I was able to get it downgrade and show the baseband and build version to : I337MVLUAMDJ using ODIN 3.09 and access the service menu(http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2285431) to go through the steps and unlock the phone. However I got the invalid sim error and also the phone wifi and sound doesn't work

Any ideas how to get it work on the I337MVLUAMDJ firmware?

Thank
I also have a Canadian MK6 and downgraded it to MDJ and did everything in the hidden menu but still unable to unlock. After more searching I finally found a way to unlock mine. Check this out.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...