Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,480 Members 44,907 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LG G3 - Call Recording - please test for me :)

Tip us?

epdm2be
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemagistro View Post
dude please do your research before you get people locked up in prison lol...
Did you miss: "Some countries allow 3rd parties to record your conversation if they either let one o/t participants or both participants aware that the call is being recorded."

Like I wrote some countries (or states in your specific case) both parties involved should be aware (you used the word consent) that the call is being recorded or one o/t parties.

Nonetheless these laws are not used in Europe so I don't understand why European international variants of these Korean phones have no call recording ability either? In the past all European cellphones had call recording build in. My Sony-Ericsons e.g. K700i, 750i and 800i. All my Nokia's the last 3 models were Symbian models which even explained in their respective manuals how to do that using the build in tools.

Quote:
answering machines are totally different because the opposite party knows they are being record solely for the person to get their message!

call recording is done without their consent.... as far as in the US, each state has their own laws.. I am in NJ and NJ is a 1 party consent state, meaning that both parties dont have to know they are being recorded so i can record without them knowing... Alot of other states are two party consent, meaning you must let the person know they are being recorded otherwise you are committing a criminal offense
Blablabla... all this discussion is not important if you live in Europe. Also the legality of call-recording is not being discussed. So please stop pinpointing on that.

I live in Europe, call recording IS legal here, while calling while driving is prohibited so I NEED CALL RECORDING! Preferably Automatic call recording. Especially since I don't have a spouse at home or a secretary to take my calls.

It's not right that Korean variants have this ability while the more expensive European versions haven't. So LG/Samsung/whoever FIX this and I'm interested in buying your crap otherwise I'm not interested! Period!

Cheers

joemagistro
Old
Thanks Meter 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by epdm2be View Post
Did you miss: "Some countries allow 3rd parties to record your conversation if they either let one o/t participants or both participants aware that the call is being recorded."

Like I wrote some countries (or states in your specific case) both parties involved should be aware (you used the word consent) that the call is being recorded or one o/t parties.

Nonetheless these laws are not used in Europe so I don't understand why European international variants of these Korean phones have no call recording ability either? In the past all European cellphones had call recording build in. My Sony-Ericsons e.g. K700i, 750i and 800i. All my Nokia's the last 3 models were Symbian models which even explained in their respective manuals how to do that using the build in tools.

Blablabla... all this discussion is not important if you live in Europe. Also the legality of call-recording is not being discussed. So please stop pinpointing on that.

I live in Europe, call recording IS legal here, while calling while driving is prohibited so I NEED CALL RECORDING! Preferably Automatic call recording. Especially since I don't have a spouse at home or a secretary to take my calls.

It's not right that Korean variants have this ability while the more expensive European versions haven't. So LG/Samsung/whoever FIX this and I'm interested in buying your crap otherwise I'm not interested! Period!

Cheers
so its crap because it doesnt have call recording?? how about instead of whining about it, you root the phone and install g3 tweaksbox, all of which takes about 10 minutes and youll have your call recording...
Sent from my Tmo Galaxy S4/ I9505 Bobcat v2.0rom /Ktoonsez Kernel

H_Mark
Old
Thanks Meter 2
For the international version, G3 Tweakbox will add the stock call recording back in (and is a great app anyway!)

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app

epdm2be
Old
(Last edited by epdm2be; 18th July 2014 at 12:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 11
Default Why do we need to root to have a standard function?

Quote:
so its crap because it doesnt have call recording?? how about instead of whining about it, you root the phone and install g3 tweaksbox, all of which takes about 10 minutes and youll have your call recording...
1) because I don't have an G3

2) because eventually Google will disallow rooting/hacking/tampering with Android or your phone and then all these tricks don't work anymore.

3) I don't want to void my warranty for a function that is standard in one region and without any reason removed in another region on the same device.

4) Rooting isn't for everyone (and it voids your warranty). Why do manufacturers make it so hard for end-users when all they want is a simple function that has been around for ages on normal cellphones and which is available on another version of the same device? And why do you put up with that? If LG can make a device in Korea that doesn't need tampering to have a standard function then I want that same function here without voiding my warranty or all the hassle of rooting my expensive phone!

IMHO instead of nitpicking on end-users whom want the full functionality without tampering with their devices, you should encourage LG to sell us devices with the full functionality too. Instead of keeping these phones in Korea and crippling devices for other regions. This is pure discrimination especially considering the fact that European devices are much more expensive than their Korean siblings!

Again I ask why should we need to root our devices for such a standard function? That is what matters here.

qwerty1q
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Guys I replied already, most of call recorders from Play Store work great, no root, free apps. I use ACR but Galaxy Call Recorder also works great