Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,098 Members 46,843 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Z2 D6503 Bluetooth Connection Dropping

Tip us?

adam2203
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Z2 D6503 Bluetooth Connection Dropping

Hi all,

Having some issues with my z2 bluetooth dropping. Very strange.

I can connect my bluetooth on the z2 to any device without issue ( namely my 2013 Hilux), however, after 40s, my bluetooth will drop, and reconnect withing about 2-3 seconds, and start the cycle again, on and on forever. I am not sure why it does this? It happens when i just leave it connected and do nothing with it, or when i play music too.

The interesting thing is, if i receive a call, i will be able to speak with someone for the first 40s, then the bluetooth will disconnect and reconnect (all in about 2-3) seconds, and after that i will not experience any more bluetooth drops for the entirety of my journey, either through leaving it there connected not doing anything or playing music. Very strange.

Ive tried turning, stamina off, wifi off, nfc off, etc but nothing seems to change it.

Does anyone have any insight on this? Its like the bluetooth on the z2 is requesting something from my other devices, and when it doesnt receive it, shuts off, then as my bluetooth is on and recognizes my paired device is nearby, reconnects straight away. If i get a call as ive mentioned, its like whatever the z2 is looking for it just ignores it and keeps the connection regardless.

Paperinik68
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Happens to me in my 2014 MB. It's definitely something sony is doing wrong with their Bluetooth. I never had that issue with other phone brands (Samsung, HTC, Moto).

adam2203
Old
(Last edited by adam2203; 22nd May 2014 at 01:17 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Z2 D6503 Bluetooth Connection Dropping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperinik68 View Post
Happens to me in my 2014 MB. It's definitely something sony is doing wrong with their Bluetooth. I never had that issue with other phone brands (Samsung, HTC, Moto).
Ahh so not an isolated case!

I have no issue with my Note 3 or my older HTC One. Its strange. I remember reading something about Bluetooth 4.0 requesting a device descriptor or something descriptor (my bluetooth knowledge is a bit lacking), could it be that thats what its not receiving and hence dropping out? Surely there must be someone on XDA who knows a workaround for this issue.

Mjollnir1983
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the same issue with 2011 C-Class and Z2 drop out constantly and turn it self off.

The Xperia Z fix seems to have fixed the issue and will auto reconnect, but it is still annoying with the temporary connection drop.

Anyone know if this will be fixed in firmware update?

Envious_Data
Old
Thanks Meter 667
Ive found that 4.4.2 has alot of base module issues

You will have wait for sony to update to 4.4.3 or 4.4.4 or 5.0

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Devices:
Sony Xperia Z2

Roms:
Envi-Rom Z2/S

Mjollnir1983
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Any idea when the update will be out?

Extremely annoying, even with the Xperia bluetooth fix, the BT fix app will constantly come up with connecting/reconnecting messages.

Almost unusable in the Mercedes...

Envious_Data
Old
Thanks Meter 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjollnir1983 View Post
Any idea when the update will be out?

Extremely annoying, even with the Xperia bluetooth fix, the BT fix app will constantly come up with connecting/reconnecting messages.

Almost unusable in the Mercedes...
This month or next month

About 2-5 weeks from now says Sony service centre employees

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Devices:
Sony Xperia Z2

Roms:
Envi-Rom Z2/S

Mjollnir1983
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I turned off the Bluetooth media functions and enable only the telephony features, seems to have stabilized...