Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,970 Members 49,131 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to boost G Pro 2 Sound just like g2? (mixer paths or taiko file)

Tip us?
 
visheshsahlot
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 26
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default How to boost G Pro 2 Sound just like g2? (mixer paths or taiko file)

I have tried almost everything with my g pro 2

I edited my mixer paths xml file to increase the sound,

also tried with snd_soc_msm_taiko file but did not succeed.

I am talking about the method in g2 where you could edit these files and increase the sound significantly.

Everytime i did this i got a softbrick and had to spend considerbale amount of time to restore it

So please any specialist do guide me on this, I really need help
 
Jrs3
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Madrid
Quote:
Originally Posted by visheshsahlot View Post
I have tried almost everything with my g pro 2

I edited my mixer paths xml file to increase the sound,

also tried with snd_soc_msm_taiko file but did not succeed.

I am talking about the method in g2 where you could edit these files and increase the sound significantly.

Everytime i did this i got a softbrick and had to spend considerbale amount of time to restore it

So please any specialist do guide me on this, I really need help
You have to reset the permissions of those files before to reboot (when you edit and save them, their permissions are modified)
 
visheshsahlot
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 26
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrs3 View Post
You have to reset the permissions of those files before to reboot (when you edit and save them, their permissions are modified)
Have you successfully tried yourself?

I mean I remember doing that
 
Jrs3
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Madrid
Quote:
Originally Posted by visheshsahlot View Post
Have you successfully tried yourself?

I mean I remember doing that
Yes, I did, and many times (in a G2 and in a G Pro2). And before do it I had two softbriks. When you edit the file and save it, you can see that the permissions have changed to "-rw-rw----". You must reset them to: "-rw-r--r--". If you don't dont it and reboot: softbrik assured.
 
skate4life
Old
#5  
skate4life's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 112
Posts: 327
Join Date: Feb 2012
There is an app in market called Equaliser.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...apps.equalizer

This is working well.
No music ♫ ♪, no life

Lg G Pro 2 D838

Swearing and cursing



Since

Lg Optimus Black P970
 
mastermassi
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 49
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Paris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrs3 View Post
Yes, I did, and many times (in a G2 and in a G Pro2). And before do it I had two softbriks. When you edit the file and save it, you can see that the permissions have changed to "-rw-rw----". You must reset them to: "-rw-r--r--". If you don't dont it and reboot: softbrik assured.
I already did it. I just bricked it
LG G Pro2 D838 : Root TekCafe Rom
Nexus 5 : Sold
LG optimus G pro (f240k) : Sold
Samsung galaxy S : Sold
 
jockyrider
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Mumbai
Default Even I bricked my lg g pro 2 stuck on boot please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermassi View Post
I already did it. I just bricked it
Hi even I bricked my lg g pro 2 d838 was trying to boost the headset volume now my device is stuck at boot animation, can anyone help me with the xml,file of mixerpath I'll push it through adb or the link for the firmware of d838. Thanks
 
stupc
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 54
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jockyrider View Post
Hi even I bricked my lg g pro 2 d838 was trying to boost the headset volume now my device is stuck at boot animation, can anyone help me with the xml,file of mixerpath I'll push it through adb or the link for the firmware of d838. Thanks
I just use Viper4Android - far and away the best sound mod for any Android phone.
You need root but it's SO worth it...

Better sound, louder sound (or quieter, if that's what you want), and enough options for any audiophile!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Rir Yourself Charging Annoyances with No Wake on Charge Xposed Module

Almost every OEM has skinned and otherwise modifiedAndroid to suit its … more

Run, Jump, and Shoot in Tales of Ciaxia

There are certain types of games that have become paramount of the portable gaming world. As we have … more