Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Help needed with locked I8190N - Firmware problems (maybe)

OP Flygvapnet

13th June 2014, 08:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Hello,

maybe someone can help me or at least talk to me:

I purchased a new, sealed and locked I8190N in Germany, from TCHIBO Mobil. They are subproviders in the network of O2, j4yi.

To use the phone with another provider, I purchased an net unlock code from Ebay. I received the codes (NCK and SPCK) after some days from the seller, which do not work for me. It says something like "problems while running unlock process". Unfortunately the seller is an imposter, as he does not give me refund even I was able to show the codes he sent me do not work. But this is another story.

My question would be: Is there a stock rom I can flash to my phone? I checked my phone, at the moment 4.2.1 is installed, with I8190NXXANA1 as baseband. The last hint could be unlocking it at a phone dealer shop in town, because I was told unlocking with cable is more likely to help if code does not work. But who knows... I'm used to flashing mobile phones, running CM on my Motorola Defy all the time. But with Samsung and the special NFC version I got, I do not know wether I can use CM I8190 (without N) for my phone. Or if I should unlock it at a dealer somewhere in my town before starting flashing anything.

Thanks a lot for help and reply!
14th June 2014, 09:59 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 5

28 posts
afaik, you dont need phone unlocked from service provider to flash custom rom, phone just needs to be rooted.then flash rom with custom recovery. stick to roms suitable for n, i have n version & run virginity rom, but try a few & see which you prefer, there is a lot of great talent here.be careful & enjoy.
The Following User Says Thank You to beerwolf-crowe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2014, 10:50 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerwolf-crowe

afaik, you dont need phone unlocked from service provider to flash custom rom, phone just needs to be rooted.then flash rom with custom recovery. stick to roms suitable for n, i have n version & run virginity rom, but try a few & see which you prefer, there is a lot of great talent here.be careful & enjoy.

Thanks. I only wonder if it is maybe not possible to unlock it afterwards any more (after I have flashed CM). I will go to local dealer, to see if they can unlock it.
16th June 2014, 09:41 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 5

28 posts
i dont think it will be a problem, let us know how you get on
17th June 2014, 08:43 PM   |  #5  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 198

774 posts
More
You said your Android version is 4.2.1 Do you mind sharing what's your devices' model number, 'cause GT-I8190 runs android 4.1.2 and GT-I8200 runs 4.2.2. I haven't seen anything like your firmware on the S3 Mini (official by Samsung, that is)
17th July 2014, 12:26 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by koragg97

You said your Android version is 4.2.1 Do you mind sharing what's your devices' model number, 'cause GT-I8190 runs android 4.1.2 and GT-I8200 runs 4.2.2. I haven't seen anything like your firmware on the S3 Mini (official by Samsung, that is)

Do not know what you mean? But already solved problem with unlocking at a local dealer. Afterwards I installed CM and now everything is ok!
17th July 2014, 12:50 PM   |  #7  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 198

774 posts
More
I mean that no S3 Mini version is with Android 4.2.1. Do you mean to say 4.1.2 or 4.2.2? Glad you fixed your problem

Sent from my " Black Beauty " using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
19th July 2014, 02:43 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by koragg97

I mean that no S3 Mini version is with Android 4.2.1. Do you mean to say 4.1.2 or 4.2.2? Glad you fixed your problem

Sent from my " Black Beauty " using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I did not save it. I guess I was just wrong!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread