Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,194 Members 42,324 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

10.1 Pro Experiences & Performance Tips

Tip us?

pat7
Old
Thanks Meter 49
@ Ricanbandit,
I did not understand everything with Google translation.

But the video quality for movies, and the camera of 8 Mega is a very nice effect on my T Pro 10.1, 12.2 on your it should be superb. for transfers, it's cable or Bluetooth.
Excuse my bad English.
Galaxy Note II
Rom: ... [4.4.2] N7100XXUAND1 / Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.2 / µ.S.D XS 64Gb.

Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 SM-T520
Rom: GigaWatts Pro v3.0 XXUAND1 / Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0 / Kernel Cybertronic v5 / µ.S.D HC128 Gb.

fletch33
Old
(Last edited by fletch33; 14th July 2014 at 06:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricanbandit View Post
I am about to get delivery of a 12.2 Tab Pro. Really excited at having all that real estate to play with. I travel a lot for work and can't wait to be able to watch movies on that monster screen. Anyone else here have one of these beasts?

BTW upgrading from a Asus Prime that served well and will now be handed down to my kid
i bought one and gave it to my dad and he loves it. although a great device and screen i found it too large and went with 10.1.

i use a Note 3 so i did not see a reason to jump only to 8.4 and i have a smaller sized 11" laptop and so 10.1 seemed to be that size for me as i use it to keep my laptop on the desk and mainly for work these days and tablet for travel and around the house.

i will say that with my keyboard case i have been able to duplicate everything i need from this Pro tab and very happy with it.

i ALWAYS run root > recovery > custom roms on everything but on this i am running stock with very little disabled and except for apps writing to SD and TW rows and column adjust i dont mind it as is (strange for me to ever say)

UPDATE - wanted to add that you are very lucky because a true made for device Keyboard case was made for the 12.2 by Logitech here and the 8.4 has them as well but us 10.1 owners are stuck with only Universal options

Darreno1
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Great info!

It is posts like yours that bring real value to these forums. I was lurking around for a rom for my pro 10.1 when I found this thread (which IMO should be stickied).

I totally forgot that so many other great launchers exist, and I'm not stuck with Touchwiz. Well to make a long story short, your tips have helped greatly, and now that I don't feel the need to root and flash another ROM, I can receive any future updates without worrying about installation or incompatibility issues.

drbilliedds
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey guys, is there someone, who is having problems updating Google Search, Google + or Dropbox? I can not update them, every time i try, there's an error. I did only a system update, which came from Samsung and downloaded all my apps (the download was automatically after i signed in with my Google account. I will be very thankful for some feedback.

Best regards

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

ricanbandit
Old
Thanks Meter 53
well just got mine today. WOW! absolute beauty. There is nothing I don't like about it, nothing. I am so happy I got it, I see no problem in speed, no issue with screen or speakers. Could be I have low standards, lol. The thing is a beast!

MisterBuggie
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat7 View Post
@ Ricanbandit,
I did not understand everything with Google translation.

But the video quality for movies, and the camera of 8 Mega is a very nice effect on my T Pro 10.1, 12.2 on your it should be superb. for transfers, it's cable or Bluetooth.
Ha ha ha. The Google translation of ricanbandit's message into French was a laugh. "real estate" (translated into "immobilier") refers to the screen size. ("J'ai hâte de pouvoir jouer avec tout cet espace sur l'écran").

And ricanbandit, having low standards isn't necessarily a bad thing. Low standards can make you happier. It's not about having the best device, but being satisfied with the one you have. I know I am.

pat7
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBuggie View Post
Ha ha ha. The Google translation of ricanbandit's message into French was a laugh. "real estate" (translated into "immobilier") refers to the screen size. ("J'ai hâte de pouvoir jouer avec tout cet espace sur l'écran").

And ricanbandit, having low standards isn't necessarily a bad thing. Low standards can make you happier. It's not about having the best device, but being satisfied with the one you have. I know I am.
Excuse my bad English.
Galaxy Note II
Rom: ... [4.4.2] N7100XXUAND1 / Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.2 / µ.S.D XS 64Gb.

Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 SM-T520
Rom: GigaWatts Pro v3.0 XXUAND1 / Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0 / Kernel Cybertronic v5 / µ.S.D HC128 Gb.

Touz604
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Old trick but really gives the impression that it speeds up the device !