Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,823 Members 51,749 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][SM-G900X] Custom Firmware for SM-G900X Live Demo Unit

Tip us?

ip87
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Post LDU *tar file

Hy guys ! I also got a LDU G900X and i cannot instal cygen , it gets a lot of package errors while installing , so can someone send me the precompilled file or give me a valid link with account-FREE transfer ?

Thx

Onjarf
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mielletseed View Post
So, it's my last statement in this direction.
All samsung demo devices I know are almost identical to the normal phones but the motherboard is a little bit different: some chips (I suppose those for radio) and the antenna connector are missing. Therefore the demo units can read a sim card but can't connect to a mobile network. The antenna may be there since it is a part of the (identical) display unit.
A motherboard is probably very expensive but you have to research for yourself. Maybe you can get a broken phone and use it's motherboard.

The people are looking for new rom a) to get rid of the demo software and b) to have the latest software release on their devices.
I doubt you could buy the missing chips since I think they are specially made for Samsung and for that very phone model and I doubt you could solder those chips outside a factory with the needed equipment.

So think of your demo device as a pure wifi device like an iPod. And too you can't convert an iPod to an iPhone.
Thank's for Your detail explanation, and I forgot ask You the motherboard must be from the same device or can be from other Samsung phones?
Regards

mielletseed
Old
Thanks Meter 57
You don't need to full quote my post just to ask a further question.

If it was so easy as you seem to hope all the people out there would grap a cheap live demo unit and just exchange the motherboard from an old or cheap phone ... [emoji6]

You not seem to know how smartphones are built. They are highly integrated devices with just some ICs. The motherboard or the mainbord IS the device. There are only very little extra parts (housing, display, speakers, microphone) that are separated from the mainbord. So even if the board of an other (samsung) phone would fit mechanically (what it doesn't) then you would have an (let's say as an example) Samsung Galaxy SII in a S5 look. There would be more difficulties, for example the screen would have the wrong resolution and so on.
So the only mainboard you could use is from a Galaxy S5 phone, which one exactly I don't know.
You can see your S5 LDU as a spare part for a broken S5 or a broken S5 as a spare part for the LDU - from two make one.
In the end there is no easy or cheap way to use the LDU as a phone and that's what samsung wanted them to be: a demo unit.

NewGuyAndriod
Old
Thanks Meter 0
That german site worked for me. LDU unlocked.

This worked perfectly. *Dennmark* Thank you very much.