Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,688 Members 39,796 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Harris Stingray Tracking

Tip us?

CowGirlUp36
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Harris Stingray Tracking

I've searched the forums and couldn't find anything addressing my question. Forgive me if I overlooked this. I have recently found out about a device that a company has developed to track all information that is on our cell phones. I pasted some info below in reference to it.

My question is this. Is there a way to block this type of device from accessing my phone after I root it? Thank you in advance for any help.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________
Stingray is a cell phone tracking device developed by Harris Wireless Products Group. It costs a lot of money but its effectiveness is very high. The Stingray system is very clever and cunning mobile phone tracking equipment and I guess you understand that it is used with some reason, probably funded by governmental organizations like NSA or other.

The working principle of Stingray is quite simple and brilliant at the same time. This system pretends that it is a cell phone tower, making mobile phones around believe it and connect to it without any suspicions. After that Stingray can track the location of any cell phone connected to it and even record the numbers which were dialed from those cell phones.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________

Here's a link to a article in the Wall Street Journal about it: http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...83112723197574
Previous phones: HTC Evo 4G, HTC Evo 3D,

Current new phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

JeepFreak
Old
Thanks Meter 204
Ummmm... Nobody cares about this?