[Q] Set custom activation method for omniswitch

OP koyoupi

11th February 2014, 06:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
How do I set a different activation method besides using the default drag handle. Cant seem to set a hardware key to do to as there is no option for it, only to open the app itself, not the switcher.
17th February 2014, 12:03 AM   |  #2  
Flag Hurricane, WV
Thanks Meter: 120

1,438 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by koyoupi

How do I set a different activation method besides using the default drag handle. Cant seem to set a hardware key to do to as there is no option for it, only to open the app itself, not the switcher.

I would like to do the same ??
17th February 2014, 03:24 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 9

50 posts
It a simple :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrompton

I would like to do the same ??

Install app (be sure, that app installed to /system/priv-app, it`s Important !!! Maybe reboot needed.)
Ok, OmniSwith drawer appears when you press key assigned as "Last App list" (sorry for my inaccurate translate)
Eg long press HOME button.
And next step, I turn OFF "DRAG HANDLE" in OmniSwith settings (to facilitate interface)

Enjoy ...
17th February 2014, 03:59 PM   |  #4  
Flag Hurricane, WV
Thanks Meter: 120

1,438 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by korkunov

Install app (be sure, that app installed to /system/priv-app, it`s Important !!! Maybe reboot needed.)
Ok, OmniSwith drawer appears when you press key assigned as "Last App list" (sorry for my inaccurate translate)
Eg long press HOME button.
And next step, I turn OFF "DRAG HANDLE" in OmniSwith settings (to facilitate interface)

Enjoy ...

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, it still does not work. If I try to double click Home button I still get Recent Apps List. I also tried all the Nova Launcher options for shortcuts as well.

What I was hoping to do was use a Gesture Launcher , like Nova Launcher (or others like LMT) and be bale to use a gesture to open up Omniswitch drawer .....
7th April 2014, 05:55 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 27

59 posts
Any luck on this ?
11th July 2014, 06:20 PM   |  #6  
Flag Maceió - Alagoas
Thanks Meter: 39

62 posts
More
Angry I made a alternative...
Quote:
Originally Posted by flame360

Any luck on this ?

Looking in this link: https://github.com/omnirom/android_f...2bf07ab2a02073 we can see how ominirom system call ominiswitch overlay. Thinking that I did a app that call the overlay and you can use in a custom gesture of your launcher.

If can help improve this alternite, help me on github: https://github.com/augustoicaro/Toggle-OmniSwitch

Note: Its only work if you really use omniswitch app(org.omnirom.omniswitch)
Attached Files
File Type: apk Toggle-OmniSwitch.apk - [Click for QR Code] (245.3 KB, 50 views)
Last edited by kikuto; 15th July 2014 at 04:12 AM. Reason: The problem was only in my rom
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kikuto For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th July 2014, 01:24 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 28

249 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrompton

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, it still does not work. If I try to double click Home button I still get Recent Apps List. I also tried all the Nova Launcher options for shortcuts as well.

What I was hoping to do was use a Gesture Launcher , like Nova Launcher (or others like LMT) and be bale to use a gesture to open up Omniswitch drawer .....

did you ever figure this out?? I don't understand the following developer posts

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikuto

Looking in this link: https://github.com/omnirom/android_f...2bf07ab2a02073 we can see how ominirom system call ominiswitch overlay. Thinking that I did a app that call the overlay and you can use in a custom gesture of your launcher.

If can help improve this alternite, help me on github: https://github.com/augustoicaro/Toggle-OmniSwitch

Note: Its only work if you really use omniswitch app(org.omnirom.omniswitch)

Is it possible to make this post more understandable to those of us who don't know how to code
18th July 2014, 01:42 PM   |  #8  
Flag Maceió - Alagoas
Thanks Meter: 39

62 posts
More
ok
Quote:
Originally Posted by uconnpat

did you ever figure this out?? I don't understand the following developer posts

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

Is it possible to make this post more understandable to those of us who don't know how to code

Just download app in my last post and overlay recent app's button function, if you can do this in your rom(button will call the app).
If not, call app as launcher's gesture or other way that you kwon to call a app.

When you call the app, the omniswicth overlay will open(like swipe blue overlay on right border).

If you can't config this, please pm me.
Please, check if packge of ominiswitch that you use is org.omnirom.ominiswitch. If not, send me via pm the packge name and I compile other app for your packge.

Cheers.

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by flame360

Any luck on this ?

Yes. Please try my app in this thread and post the result

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by koyoupi

Try my app in this thread and post the result.
The Following User Says Thank You to kikuto For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th July 2014, 04:53 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 27

59 posts
His app did the trick. I have set LMT to trigger the app on the recents command. Works flawless many thanks !!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread