Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,603 Members 40,985 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] When will we see CyanogenMod for the G3?

Tip us?

Mrdicat
Old
(Last edited by Mrdicat; 9th June 2014 at 02:45 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] When will we see CyanogenMod for the G3?

I'm going to get the G3 on late June or July,but I'd like to install CyanogenMod!
Anyone knows when I'll be able to do that?

Epix4G
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1034
Sure I predict July the 15 th 2055.... Come on they haven't even released to us .... And the bootloader may be locked so you may never have cyanogen

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Mrdicat
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epix4G View Post
Sure I predict July the 15 th 2055.... Come on they haven't even released to us .... And the bootloader may be locked so you may never have cyanogen

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
Do you really think we won't be able to install Cyanogen? ''

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Thanks Meter 1135
you have to keep in mind the device still doesn't even have a custom recovery yet(neither has it been released worldwide) and lg put in some interesting things on the phone, other than the fact the bootloader is locked(just like the g2, g pro2, g flex, etc) there seems to be some more partitions in there(2 bootloaders, 2 root checking related partitions, etc) the g3 is going to be a tuff nut to crack and it will take some time for development to move the way people would like it to especially in the custom rom department, and we can expect that after the us/uk variants launch we will see some progress but if you want the device for aosp then get a nexus

TylerDurdenK
Old
Thanks Meter 9
This surely must be closer. Custom recovery is now available (if I am correct) ....

Any news?

seboj
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurdenK View Post
This surely must be closer. Custom recovery is now available (if I am correct) ....

Any news?
Custom recovery is not yet available. The T-Mobile variant bootloader came factory unlocked, so they will have TWRP shortly and custom AOSP/AOKP ROMs and kernels soon, but none of the other models yet. It could be next week, could be next month, could be next year for the rest of us.

I'm hopeful that it will be within the month, it seems like quite a few devs are attacking it. They're starting with universal root first though, so we'll just have to be patient.
Over the years: Samsung Blackjack 2 -> Samsung Jack -> HTC Pure (TouchDiamond2) -> HTC Aria -> Motorola Atrix -> HTC One-X -> SGS3 -> LG G3

LG G3
TowelRoot
SuperSu
Xposed Installer

HP TouchPad
[ROM] [NIGHTLY] [KitKat] [4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 nightlies [3.0 kernel]
Installed using JCSullins amazing Touchpad Toolbox