Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,444 Members 45,123 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No sim card notification (how to make it dissapear)?

Tip us?

junoone
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Info 2 No sim card notification (how to make it dissapear)?

flashed m sprint note 3 from sprint to Cdma Straigh Talk, now i got a NO sim card icon on my notificaiton bar.
How do i make that dissapear and stop annooying me? thanks

JWnSC
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by junoone View Post
flashed m sprint note 3 from sprint to Cdma Straigh Talk, now i got a NO sim card icon on my notificaiton bar.
How do i make that dissapear and stop annooying me? thanks
Assuming your rooted. To remove it from the notificationbar add this line to your build prop "ro.config.donot_nosim=true". To remove it from the lockscreen Install wanam xposed, open, go to lockscreen and click hide carrier label. That's the easiest way that I know how to do it. I'm sure there's a more technical way but this worked for me.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

junoone
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
i am not rooted, im scared to root as it may chance my CDMA carrier flash.

how do i make the no sim card icon dissapear from notification bar?

Timberwolfhusky
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Prompt Same here

Hello, I have been looking around all over the place in search of a solution to the aforementioned problem. I have a Galaxy Note 3 N900P (hltespr) running stock 4.3 rooted.
I cannot seem to find a way to remove the "No Sim" car notification in the status bar. I do not have a SIM card as I got my phone in an auction hence the lack of data plan and SIM.

I have tried an Xposed module which supposedly removes the said notification...didn't work.. I also tried looking in the build.prop file to no avail. Usually a reboot removes the notification, but disabling airplane mode brings it back permanently.. even force-stopping the System Ui process removes the notification but it comes back shortly after disappearing.

Have you found any way to remove this annoying notification??
Help solve the puzzle!! Check out the thread!http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2595381