Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,995 Members 48,192 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No root or rom for G900V

Tip us?

GlitchMob
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Default No root or rom for G900V

I rooted my S3 and S4, but im having a hard time making heads or trails of the s5. Is there no solution to root and rom my version?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to GlitchMob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stpbby
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitchMob View Post
I rooted my S3 and S4, but im having a hard time making heads or trails of the s5. Is there no solution to root and rom my version?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I've spent the past two hours looking for a root method for the vzw gs5 and it seems that we are waiting for someone to find an exploit to unlock the bootloader.

empwillkill
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by stpbby View Post
I've spent the past two hours looking for a root method for the vzw gs5 and it seems that we are waiting for someone to find an exploit to unlock the bootloader.
towelroot dot com Stupid forums wont let me post the link but try that This worked for my s5 G900V to root. No idea if any roms work for it yet omega didnt . But the root did and it was very easy.

fffft
Old
Thanks Meter 418
Ha. I don't know how you are searching but there are several roots available. Your search missed an entire Verizon S5 sub-forum. With a how to root sticky thread at the top of the forum.

The "towel root" by Geohot is recommened for the 900V as the poster above suggested.

The Verizon bootloader is locked unlike most other carriers. So most are using Safestrap to cope with the locked bootloader and load a custom ROM.

[HOW TO] [GUIDE] [Q&A] - Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 ROOT & Then Some
http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...ith-towelroot/